Trev Vaa

THE YOUTUBE THREAD (to stop us having way too many topics)

1,633 posts in this topic

I'd almost have a Yenko Corvair... just for the exhaust note.

I really like Corvairs. One of the very few times that GM really stepped out of their bubble and had a world-class car on their hands, then they screwed it all up with their cynical, typically American nickel-and-dime mentality.

The story goes that they were well aware of its dangerous handling tendencies but chose not to add a cheap additional link to the rear swingarms, which used to roll over into severe positive camber and flip the car over. The link was added at a later date but the damage was done, with the car being the central subject of Nader's book "Unsafe at Any Speed", its fate was sealed.

The car also had a fuel-powered heater... Yikes!

Ford had the Pinto, GM had the Corvair. Both are salient historical exercises in how not to execute a good idea.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Outback Jack likes this

Cool.!   Great to see old Edd back, his explanations and videos should be taught in High schools. No fuss, no nonsense, no in-house fighting, just mechanics. 

Valvebouncer likes this

that golf video covers fitting windscreens quite well, i've removed Mark's ( @XTREME KARTS XF ) back window, and remove and refit BGDAV's F100 windscreen in a similar way

when he said original paint, and at the end you see its been painted..<_<

How good is the Woo! car is back on the road smile :D 2yrs in bits is long enough

Yeah, original paint, lol. I think the owner meant original colour and the rest is lost in translation. Still now a bad show, I’ll continue to watch it.

Yay!

Bout damn time... lazy bastards...its not like they give us so much effort for free to watch.. oh wait they do don't they. (67% of 117 women agree they do too, results may vary. )

Thom likes this

I know it’s not YouTube but worth watching even if you have the slightest interest in astronomy.
Watching A Stargazer's Guide To The Cosmos in iviewhttp://iview.abc.net.au/programs/stargazers-guide-to-the-cosmos/DO1704W001S00
FYI stargazing is on next week Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.

gerg and deankdx like this

the engine from the above audi

two 2.4litre diesel compound turbos fitted to a 4.8 LS based engine for surprising results....

Edited by deankdx
2.4 litre diesel turbos

10 hours ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

And AU's!

that didn't inspire me to go buy one.. not even a $300 one