Server maintenance Read more... ×
car10001

new recently released kit for ba/bf stereos

hi

was just wondering with these kits recently released for the ba/bf that allows you to put your own touch screen stereo in where the factory screen was, do you have to have shallow depth stereos because it the kit says its reccomended.

have searched on aerpro in the ba/bf for a few stereos that have got in mind that are full depth and aerpro didnt say that they wouldnt fit

if unplugging the bcm to get the icc out and moving the same bcm to the new trim along with same locking module will there be a security problem  with car not starting or will it start with nothing to be reprogrammed after plugging bcm back in when installing new stereo, will anything need to be programmed again if using the same bcm

does anyone know about the kit

Yes, it has to be a mechless unit (no CD/DVD player).

It also has to have an AV input to allow for the heater control function. If your car has factory reverse camera you'll need a head unit with dual AV input, and plug the heater input into the 2nd/front input of the head unit.

You also need to buy a seperate module and external speaker if your car has factory reverse sensors and you want them to continue working with the Aerpro kit.

You shouldn't have any security issues as the car anti-theft is part of the ECU on Falcons, and you reinstall the same module behind the new radio as what was on the old one. It's been designed to be as plug and play as possible, no reprogramming is required. Most you have to do is set up the heater controls correctly.

Aerpro have been working on this kit for a long time, and what they've (finally) brought to market is quite an impressive upgrade to the factory unit, especially as one type fits all, regardless of dual zone/single zone, low, mid or high series.

Aerpro have a YouTube video on how to install and setup

hi, 

looking to buy a newly released aerpro facia for the ba to upgrade the system and headunit and wondered, will the kenwood DMX8520DABS or kenwood DDX9020DABS or kenwood DMX9720XDS headunits fit in the ba/bf/territory using this new aerpro trim https://aerpro.com/.../ford/ford-falcon-2002-2008-ba-bf... without mods, what has to be done if anything to get either those headunits to fit as theyre the standard double din depth

looking to upgrade at some point to this new trim and want a headunit with following features and like those model kenwood units

1. dab with dab memory as some just have the dab without the memory to program 

2. wireless carplay 

3. dual usb 

4. dual bluetooth

also does the alpine ilx702d and ilx-f309 have dual bluetooth for phone connection

as yous might see the alpine ilx-f309 is same as the sony floating screen stereo and like the alpine floating one 

the listed kenwood models are still the full double din chassis even though 2 of the listed models arent cd/dvd 

buying a remote cd/dvd player wont be a problem just want one thatll fit in the ba with the new trim with the listed features

also if you end up getting one that is only wired carplay can you get the usb wireless box that has usb pass through, would prefer one with every single listed feature listed

wanting to hear from anyone thats got answers

thanks

On 9/23/2021 at 4:24 PM, dex said:

Get a Kayan 

Why do you say that dex?

For what reasons would you say the Kayan is a better option? Have you had personal experience with either?

Genuinely curious to know as I’m considering upgrading the bf mklll wagon steza.

Atoto kits come with everything when you buy the deck. Start at $400:for a decent one.

It is made to fit single din or double din hole and screen is adjustable to suit console hole. ( Has filler for extra din hole if needed).

That's what this is.....

4c7c45687d104e20b93e544b9e12b661.jpg

It will wire to EVERYTHING, and the looms are included.

It will do all your car's functions including steering wheel controls etc.

46272be8c65a51032e14a639f799390a.jpg

You don't need CD/DVD. Stream music or video from your phone.

Has 2 USB, one for car play etc, one for music input, plus micro USB.

Mic for voice activated functions.

Can even do Park assist.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 pro using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, SirkWhyXF said:

Why do you say that dex?

For what reasons would you say the Kayan is a better option? Have you had personal experience with either?

Genuinely curious to know as I’m considering upgrading the bf mklll wagon steza.

Hey sirk’ 

was going to be the next step for the red Fairmont ghia ,,,still love that car ,,,

but ended up going into fg’s .

the adding in an extra stereo looks like an afterthought in ba’s ,,,

in the way and awkward spot .

the whole aerpro setup looks ok ,,

https://soundgarageqld.com.au/aerpro-install-kit-to-suit-ford-falcon-ba-bf-territory-sx-sy/
bottom slots could be useful as USB ports ..

I want the Kayan unit in my fg 50th tho ,,,,

” birthday soon love ,,,,,,,hint hint “ 

8 hours ago, Outback Jack said:

Atoto kits come with everything when you buy the deck. Start at $400:for a decent one.

It is made to fit single din or double din hole and screen is adjustable to suit console hole. ( Has filler for extra din hole if needed).

That's what this is.....

4c7c45687d104e20b93e544b9e12b661.jpg

It will wire to EVERYTHING, and the looms are included.

It will do all your car's functions including steering wheel controls etc.

46272be8c65a51032e14a639f799390a.jpg

You don't need CD/DVD. Stream music or video from your phone.

Has 2 USB, one for car play etc, one for music input, plus micro USB.

Mic for voice activated functions.

Can even do Park assist.

Hey Jack,

I like that little not normal falcon beast you got there!

Do the Atoto kits have Bluetooth? I’ve never heard of them, but they sound alright from what your saying, I’ll have to do my home work on them.

Hey Jack,

I like that little not normal falcon beast you got there!

Do the Atoto kits have Bluetooth? I’ve never heard of them, but they sound alright from what your saying, I’ll have to do my home work on them.

Cheers Mate.

Was just playing with stereo getting sub set up......usual story....might need two... Lol.

The Atoto decks you can buy on eBay from elite electronics. They do heaps of car audio stuff.

It has Bluetooth mate, and sat nav and voice control, front and rear camera hookups , three AV outs....more than I will ever need.

It's a complete in car entertainment system.

I had to modify a lot to get this one in my lil car. Like I said it's more an in dash unit for plastic cars.... I just made it fit. Hendrix had a nice Pioneer deck, that's real nice too.

Think these are more performance decks for newer model cars, I just thought it might look neat

2 hours ago, dex said:

Hey sirk’ 

was going to be the next step for the red Fairmont ghia ,,,still love that car ,,,

but ended up going into fg’s .

the adding in an extra stereo looks like an afterthought in ba’s ,,,

in the way and awkward spot .

the whole aerpro setup looks ok ,,

https://soundgarageqld.com.au/aerpro-install-kit-to-suit-ford-falcon-ba-bf-territory-sx-sy/
bottom slots could be useful as USB ports ..

I want the Kayan unit in my fg 50th tho ,,,,

” birthday soon love ,,,,,,,hint hint “ 

I don’t think you’d go wrong either way hey, but looking at them side by side I’d say the Kayan is a slightly better looking unit and the screens definitely bigger which is a plus.

4 minutes ago, Outback Jack said:

Cheers Mate.emoji106.png
Was just playing with stereo getting sub set up......usual story....might need two... Lol.
The Atoto decks you can buy on eBay from elite electronics. They do heaps of car audio stuff.
It has Bluetooth mate, and sat nav and voice control, front and rear camera hookups , three AV outs....more than I will ever need.
It's a complete in car entertainment system.

I just noticed the Bluetooth icon on your screen, I should’ve looked a little closer before asking.

Cheers Jack.

I just noticed the Bluetooth icon on your screen, I should’ve looked a little closer before asking.

Cheers Jack.
No probs mate. Look around at a few decks out there, but any with cd/DVD are old tech now.
Now it's a complete in car entertainment system the size of a single din cd deck.
Screens get bigger too.

Mate, your probably like me, glasses need to be gotten......lol. I just need them for soldering and stereo wiring....