Crebe

5lt windsor engine numbers

Hi. I have a 5lt efi EB XR8 engine , according to my ecu info on my car, and have been looking at the engine number on my rego to try and identify the year and model it came out of. I have seen on other posts info on where to look for the number on the block but have not been able to site it yet. The info I found says above the starter above or below the starter. I did find some info on 302 and 5lt blocks but it may have been American. Do the Aus blocks have a different number system to the yanks or are they the same? My engine number, according to the rego papers is PG32847. Can any one give me a link that works or identify my number for me. This motor is in my 66 XR ute so I can't give any other specific info on the vehicle to help with a search. Hope some one can help. Ta

Year of the block will be cast into a small pad behind the starter, on the block. Almost impossible to see with the starter in place.  Will say something like 7H12, or similar. 

So, 1967  for the first number, H is August, 12th day.  

Bear351c  does my rego info sound rite pg32847? Or is it because its a 5lt efi that the coding doesnt work like you sugested? Ford WTF behind the starter. Don't want anyone seeing my engine number ay!

Bear351c  does my rego info sound rite pg32847? Or is it because its a 5lt efi that the coding doesnt work like you sugested? Ford WTF behind the starter. Don't want anyone seeing my engine number ay!
You will need to look on the opposite side of the engine, Australian 5.0 had a left hand starter the yank ones didn't, if you look on the opposite side where the starter would be with a right hand starter you should find your engine number

Oh rippa. Will go check now...the ute is parked next to my xxxx fridge fulla liquid amber. Silly thing about this is its been through qld to nsw engineering and then rego and re regoed and no one found the number they just took my word and the old qld rego papers. Had a look and found a lug. Can't see numbers. Are they on th top or side flat areas. Trying to upload a photo...crap one as lots on my tablet. Fu.. th tech shite I can't do it.....failed

Oh rippa. Will go check now...the ute is parked next to my xxxx fridge fulla liquid amber. Silly thing about this is its been through qld to nsw engineering and then rego and re regoed and no one found the number they just took my word and the old qld rego papers. Had a look and found a lug. Can't see numbers. Are they on th top or side flat areas. Trying to upload a photo...crap one as lots on my tablet. Fu.. th tech shite I can't do it.....failed
The number is usually in either of these two locations 36997c8b78fbf16897a32bcc6c0acd4b.jpg