Rock

ZK Fairlane vacuum woes

Hi. I've just converted my ZK from 6cyl EFI that was on gas to Cleveland no gas and have got myself into a pickle with the vacuum hoses. Both the hoses and wiring were already molested due to the gas but I didn't help by not taking enough time to label everything. Diagrams don't seem to help much so be really good to find someone in SA with that era car preferably V8 that I could see what goes where. Or someone interstate that I could go into more depth explaining the problem.

Thanks

can you post a photo of what you have an issue with? there's not many wires or hoses needed on a V8

if you have a smartphone, get the tapatalk app, and you can upload a photo easily with it, or use the link below to host it another way.. (right click, copy image address from facebook works also, just doesn't last more than a day or so on here)

Thanks yes I did try to load a picture but failed. If I loaded something on youtube and posted the link would that work for you? I have a smart phone but do this sort of thing on a laptop and to be honest I'm not that tech savvy.

40 minutes ago, Rock said:

Thanks yes I did try to load a picture but failed. If I loaded something on youtube and posted the link would that work for you? I have a smart phone but do this sort of thing on a laptop and to be honest I'm not that tech savvy.

yes, youtube would also be fine

@Mr Polson may have diagrams also for the hoses, wires you need

I think I should start talking to myself more often. As I was explaining the problem to post on youtube I got it all working. As you said deankdx there is not too many hoses needed on the V8. Thanks for your help it was a good tip.

46 minutes ago, Rock said:

I think I should start talking to myself more often. As I was explaining the problem to post on youtube I got it all working. As you said deankdx there is not too many hoses needed on the V8. Thanks for your help it was a good tip.

cheers,

vacuum wise, off the top of My head there's only 2 that go inside(not sure if they are coloured the same on the pre XF era) but black is for vacuum on the dash vents going in, and green to the heater tap coming back into the engine bay. 

if your engine is wearing a holley or other aftermarket car, it's only getting vacuum for the brakes and to the dizzy, the rest are all pollution related (not essential, but obviously have a place to go)

Yeah I had 4 hoses into the firewall all black. I've ignored 2 that must have something to do with the emissions and eliminated another 1 that was related to the LPG I think. I have the A/C being re-gassed today so long as that and the heater works ok I'll be happy. Thanks again