Mick.G

XF Power Steering Pump

Hello All 

Have just installed my refurbished Power steering pump , checked the old high pressure hose connection for any damage and was clear of any damage . Replaced the o-ring with a new one of

course. After installing the high pressure hose to the pump and front end lifted and pump filled to the right lever and getting rid of the air out of the lines......took for a quick drive around the block a few times.....after getting home i checked pump and lines....damn thing is leaking out of the lower hose......can not do this nut up any more......got me stumped...only thing is maybe the O-ring failed ???

Anyone else had this problem ? got me stumped !

The o-ring needs a smooth surface to seal on, so any grooves, scratches or gouges where it seats may be a leak point. It doesn't take much of a gap for oil to leak out at 1400psi. It could also be a failed swivel inside the hose end (depending on what type you have).

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

The o ring is fine...not leaking from there , sectioned that part of with some tape and freezer bag.... It is the swivel part that has failed , thank's gerg....I should have rep[laced the line when i got the power steering box rebuilt. New hose i guess.

Ok gent's ....got the new high pressure hose fitted ,exception to the power steering box as i can't even get the thread started (not using enough force to cross thread )

I unattached the hose from the pump to give me some more movement to try and correctly align the thread but still a no go. Stopped after trying for 1.5 hours...finger's hurting.

Got a feeling the tread on the hose is wrong.....it is not damaged at all.

Got it of a online store through E-Bay

Power Steering Hose

Fixed it...Thread wasn't finished properly, ran me thumbnail down the thread and it cleaned up the starting thread...installed with ease.

Just waiting on these now and all done for the drive train.529611100_PSteeringHoseRetainerKit.png.3b0ac36daee53c98f76f878d627a3add.png