Server maintenance Read more... ×
RuffXf

Did the machine shop make a mistake?

Gday folks just got my crossflow block from the machine shop and I had them put the cam bearings in while it was there. When looking it over today I noticed the front bearing had two oil gallery holes in it, one lining up with the hole leading to the crank, the other faces the top of the block and does not line up with anything

Have they put it in wrong or have I just got a strange bearing?

Gday folks just got my crossflow block from the machine shop and I had them put the cam bearings in while it was there. When looking it over today I noticed the front bearing had two oil gallery holes in it, one lining up with the hole leading to the crank, the other faces the top of the block and does not line up with anything
Have they put it in wrong or have I just got a strange bearing?
I:d have a quick word with the machine shop mate. Probably bearing suits another purpose with 2 oil galley holes.
No biggy, but I'd check with them first.

Sent from my S21 using Tapatalk

Pre crossflow use the same cam bearings as xflow, its an extra hole for the pre xflow to oil the rockers as they have an extra oil gallery to supply oil to the head and rocker shaft, that gallery gets supplied from the top of the cam journals, whereas xflow use the lifters and pushrods to supply the rockers with oil, its no real biggie just interchangeable bearings