Hi All. 

I’m putting a 9inch into my xe falcon and have a couple of questions about fitment. 
Got the diff all together and have decided to throw it under the car tonight.

After throwing it in I’ve noticed that my watts link arms come bent after the watts link is fully seated onto the diff. 

I’ve also noticed that if I jack the diff up into the car the watts link eventually hits the tank strap mounting point which ends up in the middle of the car.

Just curious to know for those who have done this conversion, how they got around these issues. Thanks a lot for time fellas 👌

On 8/7/2021 at 6:46 PM, S-Pac Jake said:

After throwing it in I’ve noticed that my watts link arms come bent after the watts link is fully seated onto the diff. 

pretty sure BGDAV's 9" into XE has the watts link bars at an angle now. doesn't seem an issue

On 8/7/2021 at 6:46 PM, S-Pac Jake said:

I’ve also noticed that if I jack the diff up into the car the watts link eventually hits the tank strap mounting point which ends up in the middle of the car.

can it be trimmed a bit? i vaguely recall it needing a bit of a trim. been years since i've seen that car though

008_2.jpg

could have a look through the thread

Did a bit more mucking around under the car. I’ve got the car sitting pretty low, hence my issue with it hitting the fuel tank strap mount. Just moved the tank strap mount point back to help with clearance. I’ve got another set of wattslink arms that I’m gona angle the ends on so they sit straight. See where I’m at once that’s done. Thanks for the information fellas.

1 hour ago, S-Pac Jake said:

Did a bit more mucking around under the car. I’ve got the car sitting pretty low,

if it's low you'll probably have issues with the tailshaft/diff parts hitting the floor. BGDAV fitted a bump stop on the nose of the diff(bolts on to uni joint area of diff) 

26 minutes ago, bear351c said:

Both rods the same length.??  Got them the right way round.?? 

they are straight normally (borg warner diff) the 9" puts the mounting a few inches further back towards the fuel tank. 

1 hour ago, deankdx said:

if it's low you'll probably have issues with the tailshaft/diff parts hitting the floor. BGDAV fitted a bump stop on the nose of the diff(bolts on to uni joint area of diff) 

I’ll see how I go I’ve got a bump stop ready for it if need be 

d778787ae0942099f73641a490e23a73.jpg
This is what my watts linkage arms look like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks good. Hopefully I can make something similar up for my build thanks mate !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk