fotz

XF AU Windsor conversion

4 minutes ago, deankdx said:

i am certain CRS Bell housing for clevo(also windsor) for the 6cyl box exists, i recall it also being drilled or available for single rail/top loader

actually., 5second google found it

https://www.rodshop.com.au/bellhousing-for-ford-t5-6-cyl-gearboxes-to-windsor

@deankdx pretty sure this is the way to go… but… means that the v8 e series box won’t fit behind a windsor in an x series unless you shorten the input shaft and use this same CRS

bellhousing.

I am getting pretty confident on this now. I’ll find out for sure and let you know. Malwood and CRS will know for sure, but I think we have solved it :)

Interested to see what people did with the clutch pedal. This one got me by surprise. Have not read about this anywhere…

2 minutes ago, fotz said:

Interested to see what people did with the clutch pedal. This one got me by surprise. Have not read about this anywhere…

the CRS one is hydraulic, however the 6cyl (for 6cyl 250 etc ) bell housing for T5 they had cast for either cable or hydraulic(fits XA hydraulic to XF cable for eg) they have different pedals/pedal boxes. if that's what's meant. 

i don't think there's a cable option for the V8 unless they've changed the casting. 

I haven't kept up with the new owners of CRS, but seeing XD/XE are extinct basically, they may have accommodated for XF/XG by now or have a solution.. especially seeing the barra uses hydraulic i think

43 minutes ago, deankdx said:

the CRS one is hydraulic, however the 6cyl (for 6cyl 250 etc ) bell housing for T5 they had cast for either cable or hydraulic(fits XA hydraulic to XF cable for eg) they have different pedals/pedal boxes. if that's what's meant. 

Nah CRS is cable not hydraulic.

C99B04FC-4457-47E0-8EC2-659D5A00B3F9.jpeg

14 minutes ago, jca25 said:

Is there a reason u want to use clable over hydraulic or have I missed read something

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

It’s currently cable now. Not sure there is a proper hydraulic conversion for this setup to be honest either.

It’s currently cable now. Not sure there is a proper hydraulic conversion for this setup to be honest either.
Just looked at the fork they say suit it is a hydraulic fork so if are to go down the path of this bell just mod the firewall to take the master

10 minutes ago, fotz said:

if you can find one, the XA to XE hydraulic pedal box is a bolt in.
you then need to mount a master to the firewall which is more of a pain in an XF. 

This is said fork they say to use with that bellhousing, now don't the Cleveland and Windsor use the same engine mounts?? So that would make the Windsor sit in the bay as the Cleveland, the crossflow the engine plates to the x member is different so not sure were u are going with measuring it, if need be may need to make ur own up to suit 8f2ea72f3099b5bab233d0e20064958c.jpg

14 hours ago, fotz said:

I did consider something like this to be honest…

was going to speak to malwood to see if something like this could work with the xf

https://malwoodauto.com.au/product/ford-falcon-xg-under-dash-hydraulic-clutch-pedal-assembly/

XG is basically an XF in regards to the dash, so if it has the right bore to suit the clutch slave cyl it should be perfect. 

would not buy from dellow again, look at quicktime metal ones alot better 
I never had a problem with mine or them it turned up great fitted correctly and they were helpful as ever so must of got them on a good day lol

when i contacted them about mine, they said i installed the spigot wrong (i didnt), then they basically get fucked,   it wasnt their business to fix their fuck up that cost me 3k, new gearbox rebuild after 600km, and redrill of a bellhousing due to poor machining - so i just tell everyone - cost them more then 3k in lost sales 

On 10/19/2021 at 11:10 PM, ashXFute said:

Hi yeah I have a windsor motor in my XF.
It's a 92 EB GT motor in a 86 XF s-pack.

I can measure some stuff if you need?
f3388f41e8cc02eaae671706f47410be.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

HI, just wondering what they did for the wiring ? is it using the factory computer/ loom ? im not putting my 5.0l in a X series but something alot earlier, im planning to reuse the complete NL fairlane loom but have heard will need to defeat the smart lock crap ? i see yours is the earlier motor so might be different again ?

Thanks Warren

HI, just wondering what they did for the wiring ? is it using the factory computer/ loom ? im not putting my 5.0l in a X series but something alot earlier, im planning to reuse the complete NL fairlane loom but have heard will need to defeat the smart lock crap ? i see yours is the earlier motor so might be different again ?
Thanks Warren
Hey mate.
They used the EB engine harness and ECU and kept the XF dash wiring.
No smart lock but they did fit a new alarm demobiliser

4 minutes ago, ashXFute said:

Hey mate.
They used the EB engine harness and ECU and kept the XF dash wiring.
No smart lock but they did fit a new alarm demobiliser

I am getting my harness modified. I retrieved a harness and ECU from the AU XR8. As it has smartlock, I will be using a J3 Chip from TI performance. The rodshop have currently got my harness and are modifying it, and will provide step by step instructions on how to install it to the XF.

Below are some links for your reference:

https://www.rodshop.com.au/wiring-harness-conversion-for-ford-au-v8-engines (I know they are flat out at the moment). I think they have taken wiring looms down from the shop for the time being.

https://www.tiperformance.com.au/products/j3-chips-tuning/ - J3 Chip

Would you like a TI chip?
I ended up getting mine tuned with a different chip so I have a un used TI chip just sitting in the center console

Hey @ashXFute - I sent you a PM. Was wondering what you did for headers?

I have GTP40P heads, EB would have GT40 heads. So keen to see what you did there. I got my hands on AU XR8 headers. To be honest, not sure if they are going to fit....

But curious to see what you did, or if you had to customise them?

1 minute ago, ashXFute said:

Would you like a TI chip?
I ended up getting mine tuned with a different chip so I have a un used TI chip just sitting in the center console

Yes mate for sure. Is it Stage 1? Only problem is, ill need to get programmed as a manual :) Ill PM you sepereately.

Hey guys - got myself a world class e series t5 box today - 3.25 1st gear ratio :) waiting on a response from CRS still. Chased them up yesterday.

Any ideas on where’s the best place to track clutch, flywheel and sandwich plate? Was thinking malwood could do the lot - including clutch pedal.

Lastly - as I have an ef diff, does anyone know which tailshaft will fit the xf. Are all steel tailshafts from e series the same length - auto/manual also wagon/sedan and Ute -XG/XH?

5 hours ago, fotz said:

Hey guys - got myself a world class e series t5 box today - 3.25 1st gear ratio :) waiting on a response from CRS still. Chased them up yesterday.

Any ideas on where’s the best place to track clutch, flywheel and sandwich plate? Was thinking malwood could do the lot - including clutch pedal.

Lastly - as I have an ef diff, does anyone know which tailshaft will fit the xf. Are all steel tailshafts from e series the same length - auto/manual also wagon/sedan and Ute -XG/XH?

i can only answer the tail shaft confidently. 

for the EF diff flange, you'll need an EB to EL FALCON sedan shaft (not fairlane/ltd) auto and manual are the same (some manuals had a big balance weight lump of steel on the gearbox end but it's not seemingly to be a standard thing and definitely not needed) ..

so in short EB to EL FALCON Sedan tailshaft 

***note for the rest of the tailshafts
late XF(1991 ish) ute and XH XH are longer, same length as fairlane, LTD and wagons.  so not suitable for sedan (XA- EL)