Server maintenance Read more... ×
Squiz

dash bulbs

hi all, what the 2 wedge bulbs wattages that ilumiate your cluster in an XE i can see the 12v but the wattage has worn off. and can you put something higher wattage in because the dash with original bulbs was very dull compared to a newer car

i also took out the centre dash bulbs above the heater, they are 12v 2w can you put something brighter in there aswell the 2 watt ones a very weak

I really wouldn't, you may well melt the globe holder or dash cluster itself if the globe gets too hot. We had this problem on some plant equipment at work, a bank of indicator lamps are supposed to take 2W globes and we were putting 4s in.

My suggestion if you can't find the right one is to put 24V globes of the same wattage you were going to put in, they may be a tad dull but won't get hot like something in 12V that's too high wattage.

Another option is LED wedges, which don't get hot, but you'll lose your dimming function.

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

ok so 12v 2w for both cluster and dash centre bulbs, my dash cluster ones have 12v on them but the wattage is rubbed off

12 hours ago, Squiz said:

ok so 12v 2w for both cluster and dash centre bulbs, my dash cluster ones have 12v on them but the wattage is rubbed off

@gerg would know, i have only used 2nd hand ones ever

i found two different ones for the cluster, a 12v 3w globe and a 12v led. the little centre dash one i have no idea where to get them from j car and supercheap didnt have them