Macht

XH Rear Body Drain Holes

Hey guys,

Recently while tidying up some wiring in for my tail lights in my XH, I noticed the cavity of the tray (No idea if that even is what it's called. The cavity where you can see the top of the rear wheel wells, accessed from the tail lights) is full of dirt and muck. 

I was going to hit it with the high pressure hose, but I couldn't see any drain holes that would allow the water to run out.

Are there any drain holes in that area so I can give it a hose out? Ideally I would also like to make sure they are clear of debris before I start hosing as well.

Cheers

CHECK FOR RED BACK SPIDERS
the inner tray sides have "access panels"  you can tape a garden hose or heater hose(3/4" ) to the vacuum cleaner hose and suck out the dust out.. 

i thought from the underside there was one drain hole, but i wouldn't be putting water down there on purpose unless necessary. i think the panel beside the petrol tank is supposed to drain into the sills, which probably are meant to drain also.

i've always vacuumed them out, used a paint brush /dust pan brush to dust it to the bottom, vacuum it.. wipe any areas out and then paint bare metal.. rust convert and paint any surface rust spots

22 minutes ago, deankdx said:

CHECK FOR RED BACK SPIDERS
the inner tray sides have "access panels"  you can tape a garden hose or heater hose(3/4" ) to the vacuum cleaner hose and suck out the dust out.. 

i thought from the underside there was one drain hole, but i wouldn't be putting water down there on purpose unless necessary. i think the panel beside the petrol tank is supposed to drain into the sills, which probably are meant to drain also.

i've always vacuumed them out, used a paint brush /dust pan brush to dust it to the bottom, vacuum it.. wipe any areas out and then paint bare metal.. rust convert and paint any surface rust spots

Thanks mate. I've actually been reading a lot of your posts over the last few weeks, and it makes me smile when I see you mention the redback spiders.

It works through, I was checking the sils and hinges the other day, and my first step before I stuck my digits up in there, was to give it a quick visual inspection for any little friends.

There are now quite a few homeless red backs around my house, as I keep evicting them as I come across them, following your advice.

Cheers

20 minutes ago, Macht said:

There are now quite a few homeless red backs around my house, as I keep evicting them as I come across them, following your advice.

Cheers

one of the members here was bitten by a redback in behind an XG falcon front bumper.. Hospital, worst pain of his life, stress level 10.. probably had a life perspective/priority think from that point also. 

the bloody things are everywhere here, we had one under the fridge IN THE KITCHEN with the web protruding to where bare feet toes could go..(i got the Mrs to drop a bug on the web, spider was out in a flash and i squashed it like a ninja) 

24 minutes ago, deankdx said:

one of the members here was bitten by a redback in behind an XG falcon front bumper.. Hospital, worst pain of his life, stress level 10.. probably had a life perspective/priority think from that point also. 

the bloody things are everywhere here, we had one under the fridge IN THE KITCHEN with the web protruding to where bare feet toes could go..(i got the Mrs to drop a bug on the web, spider was out in a flash and i squashed it like a ninja) 

Ahh that explains it. I always thought there was a story behind it.

Cheers