Server maintenance Read more... ×
Andrew Davies

crossflow street/strip build

On 1/14/2022 at 12:59 PM, gerg said:

I have 3.45 gears I want to move on and will have a 25 spline LSD centre available once I swap in my 28. Dunno if that's the way you want to go or you're set on 28 as well. This 25 centre I have set up pretty tight, has pretty fresh carrier bearings too.

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

yeah im keen.
im in ambarvale let me know when its ready and how much you want.

dyno was a fail as it wouldnt rev over 4500rpm and the dyno operater i dont think knew what he was doing.
i think the est has a limit of 4500 so looks like im going to have to ditch it and find an xe electronic dizzy.

56 minutes ago, Andrew Davies said:

dyno was a fail as it wouldnt rev over 4500rpm and the dyno operater i dont think knew what he was doing.
i think the est has a limit of 4500 so looks like im going to have to ditch it and find an xe electronic dizzy.

i think @slydog would say the opposite, the XE dissy has issues with revs, 

his dissy is a TFI dissy with MSD box revs to lots (can't remember off the top of My head) hope he checks in soon to update his thread. 

Yeah 4500 doesn't sound right at all, the factory redline is 4800 and my old man's XF EFI could buzz to 5500 or so no probs (but that's TFI, not EST).

That sucks mate, but wouldn't that make for a pig-rich top end as the secondaries open? Was that the cause of it falling on its face at 4500?