Server maintenance Read more... ×
XB18333

Door belt rubber replacement

Hi all,

I'm about to replace the door belt rubbers (ones that stop leaves and rain and bird s*** going down into the door past the glass on the outside) on the XB and was wondering if there's anything I should do/not do to make it easier. Looking through the service manual there doesn't seem to be anything mentioned about them except they have clips. Looking at it with the door wound down I imagine the whole glass and regulator assy needs to come out?

Didn't buy the internal 'brush' seals oops, could have done that at the same time! $64 each door for these though! Might see if Bunnings has a brush seal the same width.

Cheers

i had a bit of a search, couldn't see one specific to XB(XA to XC) i did an F100 one which i'm sure the window needed removing or at least dropping into the door frame. 

@bear351c or @hendrixhc may have done them before though.

Peter Anderson is restoring an XC GXL on youtube, and has 100s of distractions along the way, but goes into great detail on most processes. be worth watching or skipping through regardless for other items that may be relevant to your build. 

this link should be the playlist of 50 videos.

Can't remember the top weatherstrip mounts, my Fairmont has chrome trim over the top. The inner felt seal is clipped on from inside the door frame, reckon you could do the fronts, but the glass in the rear door doesn't go all the way down, so might be tricky. 

Door felt XB

Check out the photos of the weather strip on GT Ford performance, think they just push in from the top.......maybe. Would probably chip the paint if you prize them off, or you would have to remove the glass and reg to access the spring clips form inside. Honestly can't remember. Sorry.

Thanks everyone for the replies- if I do it from the top with the glass still in place, yes, it will probably scratch the paint.

Murphy's Law says the clips will be seized in place and will break off when I pry them out too 🤑

If I remove the lot then I can work on all the other issues in there I guess.

4 hours ago, deankdx said:

i had a bit of a search, couldn't see one specific to XB(XA to XC) i did an F100 one which i'm sure the window needed removing or at least dropping into the door frame. 

@bear351c or @hendrixhc may have done them before though.

Peter Anderson is restoring an XC GXL on youtube, and has 100s of distractions along the way, but goes into great detail on most processes. be worth watching or skipping through regardless for other items that may be relevant to your build. 

this link should be the playlist of 50 videos.

I'll have to watch this Dean when I get some of that elusive spare time.