IVC434

First time since 1989...

Well, last Saturday was an epic day and has given me and my mate confidence and inspiration to push on harder than ever with the restoration of Granddad's old XC... 

After liberally lubricating each cylinder and leaving it for a week, we gently turned her over by hand. 

There were NO tight spots, weird sounds or unwanted friction at all and she turned beautifully... 

Battery was connected and carby was primed and after about 6 attempts, she briefly coughed and died... 

A few more attempts were made until, incredibly, the super fuel that was still in her tank (no, it HASN'T gone off at all) made it to the fuel pump and she ran long enough for me to get this very quick video. 

Pretty much a testament to the strength and engineering of the mighty crossflow engine... 

Nice to see... Although it's likely that the water pump is stuffed now due to running dry. No, it's not a myth, I confirmed that myself

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, gerg said:

Nice to see... Although it's likely that the water pump is stuffed now due to running dry. No, it's not a myth, I confirmed that myself emoji849.png

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

Well, we'll find out soon enough. Getting it sorted next. Fingers crossed we might be lucky... 🤞