Server maintenance Read more... ×
Chu170

Heater core

2 hours ago, Chu170 said:

Keen on anyone with a video or pictures of pulling out the dash on a xd.  Pulling mine out to replace the heater core.   

this is a guide for the XF dash removal, it's basically the same for XD XE.

i originally used the gregorys manual i think to remove an XD or XE one, and didn't need to use it for the XFs i did several times later

(differences i can think of, is the 5 screws along the top of the dash are not covered by vents, only little plastic caps)
i'm fairly sure the rest is the same, remove the dash WHOLE, after you've removed any alarm, stereo etc or other non factory wiring (LPG gauge/switch perhaps)

there's some more in this thread on separating the heater box (gently)

again, it's for XF but it's basically the same.

feel free to take any photos of any differences and use the links in My signature to add to the thread.

2 minutes ago, Chu170 said:

Thanks for everyone's pics and suggestions.  Dived in and got the bastard out

winning!

good trick to leave the dash in there if only removing the heater box..

but while you are there, take a look at the underside of the wiper plenum for rust/leaks (sometimes the sealer has gone dry/cracked also)

1 minute ago, deankdx said:

winning!

good trick to leave the dash in there if only removing the heater box..

but while you are there, take a look at the underside of the wiper plenum for rust/leaks (sometimes the sealer has gone dry/cracked also)

Thanks dean. Had that fixed about 5 years ago when I brought it.  The guy told me the windscreen was leaking. Lol.  Had the plenum cut out and weld new piece in.  

Just now, Chu170 said:

Thanks dean. Had that fixed about 5 years ago when I brought it.  The guy told me the windscreen was leaking. Lol.  Had the plenum cut out and weld new piece in.  

ah yeah that line.. i had ONE out of about 10 falcons/fairlanes that the source of windscreen leaking was actually ONLY the windscreen..