jca25

Dual battery question

Ok guys i know its not falcon question but i putting a 3 battery in the ranger for Speedway and camping.

Know what I'm wanting to know is with the second charger instead running the power cable all the way to front can i just link it up to the power supply of the first charger system??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not knowing your system, Is the 3rd battery the same as the 2nd one ?  Always good to match batteries of the same amps etc (and age). If the 2nd one has been in operation for a while it could bring the newly added one down in charge to that level.

I would only add another battery into a bank if I could determine that the original aux battery was holding its charge to the capacity of the new one. Sometimes its better to add 2 new ones together in parrallel. You might need to change the cabling size to match the capacity and can the alternator keep up demand.

A high amp alternator doesn't alway allow a charge to another battery until it senses a fully float charge, 1st the starting one, then to the 1st aux then the 2nd aux might get some charge. Thats a lot of driving necessary to charge all 3 up.

I'm assuming this but do not know how you system has been set up.

The second batt in the car is a fews yrs old, but it already runs off a dcdc charging system and is only for my fridge it also has a solar system on it aswell.

The next batt is going into the tray of the ute will run a separate dcdc charging system but just don't feel like running a cable all the way to the main, was hoping i could just pick up off the mains cable for the first system, its is for running of lights air system and things like this for the track.

Also when we going racing away, our home track is 20 mins away but not worried about it it for when we travel 6hr to 10hrs for a meeting

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk