SatansReverence

The completely off topic thread

hmm, worked for Me.. health, fitness, weightfat, loss etc in the pits forum section, near the top currently. 
try the link again. 

Ok, I've found it now, fault must be a TapaTalk thing?

Anyway, good stuff

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ok, I've found it now, fault must be a TapaTalk thing?

Anyway, good stuff

Yeah, tapatalk messes things up sometimes. I don't even see a link nor do I see the video when people post stuff from Facebook into here.

can anyone think of a use for a holden vectra cargo barrier? (rare car, not likely to sell.. i googled, found unsold $20 listing for same as mine) 

i picked it up thinking i'd find a use. but haven't thought of anything yet. it's pretty heavy and in the way, probably will go to the scrapper soon just to make space here. 

TUQIE1L.jpg

In the garden for something to grow/climb up? I've seen cucumbers and other vines grown on mesh suspended horizontally or on a lean so the fruit hangs in free space.

They make a sandblasting table except the powder coat comes off and ends up clogging the nozzles.

Cut it up into a bird cage?

Cut up into a Mower catcher?

8 minutes ago, 2redrovers said:

In the garden for something to grow/climb up? I've seen cucumbers and other vines grown on mesh suspended horizontally or on a lean so the fruit hangs in free space.

They make a sandblasting table except the powder coat comes off and ends up clogging the nozzles.

Cut it up into a bird cage?

Cut up into a Mower catcher?

we use a big lightweight mesh for climbing stuff like cucumbers here,  much easier to stake up and remove than this thing no doubt. 

holes are too big for bird cage(would need a big bird that cant get it's head stuck in the mesh) 

if it wasn't so heavy it would be good for trailer mesh sides(or a lid even) but 2 or 3 of them would be 50kg added i reckon.

it could probably be made into a ramp also .. but it's too heavy in my opinion. 

My first car was a Holden Vectra, it was so fantastic that as soon as I had enough spare money that wasn’t being consumed by the Vectra’s ridiculously high number of breakdowns, failures and maintenance costs I bought a BA Falcon and have stuck to Fords since.

I’d probably suggest that you throw all Vectra parts into a volcano like in that Lord Of The Rings documentary just to be safe.

52 minutes ago, user272 said:

probably suggest that you throw all Vectra parts into a volcano

if it ends up at sims metal(i'll dump it at a scrapper) it will end up like a TERMINATOR at some point, melted down to base metal. (probably go through a shredder first to make sure it's dead first)

Agree 100%, vectras, astras, they have to be up there with worst cars of all time!

So many bad experiences working on them

Oh the 40k timing belt... (if I'm correct), otherwise hand grenade on wheels.

One thing about timing belt engines is that they're mostly free-spinners (ie: non-interference) but some just have to be cunts.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Oh the 40k timing belt... (if I'm correct), otherwise hand grenade on wheels.

One thing about timing belt engines is that they're mostly free-spinners (ie: non-interference) but some just have to be cunts.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Arrrrrrrrhhhhhh! Those astra timing belts!

I once did one of them and the locking bolt for the tensioner is one of those stupid torx bit bolts, alloy, female and about 2mm deep.
The bolt was seized and after ages of working it, trying to be so careful not to strip the centre out of it, that is exactly what happened!
No problem I thought, I'll use a punch to tap it around. After some time of tapping eventually the bolt moved, hooray thought I.
However, my adulation quickly turned into utter dismay as I realised this adjuster was bolted to the alloy oil pump and the bolt had not come loose, but had actually cracked off the oil pump housing
Next step, sump off to replace the oil pump as well
Lesson learnt, never touch one of those bags of shit ever again!

1 hour ago, Seamus said:

Arrrrrrrrhhhhhh! Those astra timing belts!

I once did one of them and the locking bolt for the tensioner is one of those stupid torx bit bolts, alloy, female and about 2mm deep.
The bolt was seized and after ages of working it, trying to be so careful not to strip the centre out of it, that is exactly what happened!
No problem I thought, I'll use a punch to tap it around. After some time of tapping eventually the bolt moved, hooray thought I.
However, my adulation quickly turned into utter dismay as I realised this adjuster was bolted to the alloy oil pump and the bolt had not come loose, but had actually cracked off the oil pump housing emoji2959.pngemoji35.png
Next step, sump off to replace the oil pump as well emoji31.png
Lesson learnt, never touch one of those bags of shit ever again!

is that the one everyone is using the electric power steering off? 

i hear that's the best part of them..

Mine seemed to think head gaskets and fuel pumps were single use parts, it once got stuck in park at a busy servo which made me pretty popular... it used to drop out all the electrics when it felt like it (wouldn't even leave you with hazard lights), it used to turn its engine oil red somehow which had ppl telling me that it had a trans leak when they saw the puddles it left behind.

On the last trip I ever did in it which was from Melbourne to Sydney and back the accelerator got stuck open on the freeway, the gear shifter came disconnected from the trans and then it blew a head gasket on the way home.

I wish I could say that it was just a bad trip but that was reasonably standard reliability for that car over any given 2,000 k's haha

Mine seemed to think head gaskets and fuel pumps were single use parts, it once got stuck in park at a busy servo which made me pretty popular... it used to drop out all the electrics when it felt like it (wouldn't even leave you with hazard lights), it used to turn its engine oil red somehow which had ppl telling me that it had a trans leak when they saw the puddles it left behind.
On the last trip I ever did in it which was from Melbourne to Sydney and back the accelerator got stuck open on the freeway, the gear shifter came disconnected from the trans and then it blew a head gasket on the way home.
I wish I could say that it was just a bad trip but that was reasonably standard reliability for that car over any given 2,000 k's haha

Bloody hell mate.. When you get a lemon you certainly juice it for all it's worth eh? Glad none of mine have been anywhere near that bad.

Now here's a tricky one, 

Do i buy a new steam cleaner or do I tell my mother in law that she can't eat sultanas in the car anymore...

What a prick of a job it is getting those out of the carpets once they've been squashed and rubbed in.

Hahaha well fuck looks like I have no choice then.

Ironically she actually broke the old one too.

Im keen on this little Bissel from supercheap, my old one was a Bissel Little Green which was a great unit, this one's basically the same but with a few extra attachments.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/bissell-bissell-auto-spot-clean-carpet-shampooer/