SatansReverence

The completely off topic thread

18,705 posts in this topic

tonights move if you are in couch potato mode... 
seemed to make a lot of sense to Me... not sure why

GO.png

Movie: Constantine

Tuesday 4th December at 8:30 pm (150 minutes) Supernatural detective John Constantine helps a policewoman prove her sister's death was not a suicide, but something more, in a world where angels and demons walk the Earth in human skin. (Keanu Reeves) Actors/Presenters: Keanu Reeves, Rachel Weisz, Djimon Hounsou, Tilda Swinton, Peter Stormare, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Shia Labeouf, Max Baker M 2005, Repeat, CC, Drama, Sci-fi

Its a great movie, seen quite a few times and have it on dvd I think
deankdx likes this

2 hours ago, deankdx said:

well  ark me   that many oooooo'sss       i  thought of selling for 700 on flea bay     as it needs a new tranny      maybe i had better just leave it parked in the hay shed an keep it  and just play dumb and deaf each time the war office  arks up    "its in the way i have to carry the bales out to the feed trailer which should be parked in there  not the ;;;;;;;;; old ute "  lol :rolleyes:    and try find a new trans for it     

10 hours ago, Demmo said:

well  ark me   that many oooooo'sss       i  thought of selling for 700 on flea bay     as it needs a new tranny      maybe i had better just leave it parked in the hay shed an keep it  and just play dumb and deaf each time the war office  arks up    "its in the way i have to carry the bales out to the feed trailer which should be parked in there  not the ;;;;;;;;; old ute "  lol :rolleyes:    and try find a new trans for it     

trans can be had for under $200 .. i'd probably find all the bits to complete it and keep it if you ever liked them. they are pretty rare on the road these days already.

yes they are getting a little thin on the ground  have made a couple inquiries about a replacement tranny  close to home but asking top dollar. i must admit that the xg is nicer to drive than the xh as the outback   suspension is more like the 4x4 hilux.  anyhow i may end up converting it to a five speed which is in one of the spares behind the back shed out of mothers view ;)

on a brighter note who is gonna create an ozfalcon baby thread as it seems like a baby boom is happening ???????

cheers demmo

deankdx likes this

1 hour ago, bear351c said:

Not me.....!   Hell no.!....... never again........not happening.

XG's or babies? 

i don't ever want another XG either, babies not happening either 

2redrovers likes this

This is a good example of where to draw the line
79c4c10590a718543044b69ece263b00.jpg4d0ea5ba0145d4b6db6b199ee5ba5872.jpg
It doesn't matter what car it is, whether it's the first of it's kind or the last... that is NOT a restoration. It's a rebuild /remanufacture/ recreation of a car. Sure it has the same id tags as the original but there's not enough original left in it to be classified as the same original car. Why don't purists get annoyed about this sort of definition instead of whether your one owner XA sedan came out with the stripes you put on because you liked them? (random example)

By the way... just because I've spent about 2 years rebuilding two kombis, as well as having worked on beetles and karmann ghia, does not mean I like the bloody things lol. Old, new or in-between .. they're all shite and sound like sick (unhealthy) lawnmowers

deankdx, macman and Demmo like this

When there's less than 50% of it remaining, and 50% of that needs replacing, there will be far more NEW metal than original metal... Agreed, it's not a restoration, it's a remanufacture. 

And like you're saying, in Aus we get hung up about the 250ci motor fitted to a certain XY didn't originally come with a 2v head... I think I've said it on this forum before, but although I understand it, we do get fussy about "matching number" engine blocks, which other vehicle enthusiasts do not.

Rebuilding this thing is next level...!

2redrovers likes this

There's almost enough there to be chemically tested and verified as being steel.... aside from that... why?

If you were creating a super elite show car...maybe there would be some merit to having that as a starting point because everything else is made custom with no consideration or resemblance of factory. Building that back into a 67 camaro is nuts at this time. They just aren't that rare. I haven't looked at current models covered but with companies like year one, making brand new bodyshells off the shelf with modern construction methods and materials .. why spend that much to reinvent the wheel?

SPArKy_Dave and bear351c like this

I’ve considered doing something similar with my car, just replacing lots of original sheetmetal parts with tubing and as a result I’d have hidden roll cage in street car. And lots of other cool stuff.

deankdx and macman like this

I follow a guy on Facebook that makes these awesome cars and trucks out of lumps of 2x4 timber. When I saw this one thought you boys would like it, 64 Fairlane Gasser a4989984c32942b415bc22a88c6e1a2b.jpg

Also stumbled on the most off topic vehicle I think there is...
c8455a90a9becde45779bf3b425ae2ba.jpg99cb22e341923d80a5b47304d66b4772.jpg
https://auto.howstuffworks.com/1980-briggs-and-stratton-hybrid-concept-car1.htm

deankdx and gerg like this

that wood model is cool! i hear you have been playing with your wood also ....:unsure:
who copied who? mitsubishit cordia 
37834764331_a8660480cd_b.jpg

My mate's bro had a cordia turbo gsr. By the time he was done with it, it was a rocket on rails that could easily do 190+ and felt like a 60k/hr stroll.

Yes, I did spend time playing with a nice bit of wood.........
4b4eec7133670be834648f0d882f8f7b.jpg3dc0c0afa2cce9d7615970851eb68faa.jpga4d9b207471255c8cb81cd5907d646a7.jpg17c722ef6abe10245d135ca8a4561e66.jpg
deankdx likes this

i submitted a word to urban dictionary again. i should have added My two photos from when i was in Geelong.. 

Thanks for defining crapyard!

Editors read your definition and decided to publish it on Urban Dictionary.

It should appear here soon: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crapyard

Urban Dictionary

-----

crapyard

a back yard filled with crap. broken down cars or other unfinished projects, usually has grass knee high with lost wheels and other hidden junk to trip you on.

where's your mower mate? it's lost in the Crapyard somewhere.. it ran out of fuel half way in and by the time i got around to getting more fuel i couldn't find it again. i looked under the 3 cars and empty drums but only found 2 snakes and a wombat.

9yq8Ig0.jpg

mrmKJzV.jpg

gerg and 2redrovers like this

i submitted a word to urban dictionary again. i should have added My two photos from when i was in Geelong.. 

Thanks for defining crapyard!

Editors read your definition and decided to publish it on Urban Dictionary.

It should appear here soon: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crapyard

Urban Dictionary

-----

crapyard

a back yard filled with crap. broken down cars or other unfinished projects, usually has grass knee high with lost wheels and other hidden junk to trip you on.

where's your mower mate? it's lost in the Crapyard somewhere.. it ran out of fuel half way in and by the time i got around to getting more fuel i couldn't find it again. i looked under the 3 cars and empty drums but only found 2 snakes and a wombat.

9yq8Ig0.jpg

mrmKJzV.jpg
You must have gotten those pics from sneaking into my yard when I was out

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

2redrovers likes this

Is there a Greek /Italian translation for crapyard? I mean given their penchant for green painted concrete and faux marble statutes of midgets peeing in clamshells....
In Sydney, it's concrete lions guarding the pebblecrete driveway, perched on a mosaic brick fence

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Demmo and 2redrovers like this