SatansReverence

The completely off topic thread

18,718 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any experience with a cigweld weldskill 155? I'm looking at getting one for mostly basic MIG welding but am not finding very many reviews and although the ones I have found have been positive I'd like to here from someone who's used one for awhile, any input on it would be appreciated 

Has anyone had any experience with a cigweld weldskill 155? I'm looking at getting one for mostly basic MIG welding but am not finding very many reviews and although the ones I have found have been positive I'd like to here from someone who's used one for awhile, any input on it would be appreciated 

Haven't used the 155 machine but I've used cigweld inverter machines. They can weld quite nicely but will more than likely take time and practice to get dialed in. I haven't been able to just pick up the gun and go bang on first time. My mig is a transformer type so it runs a bit different to the new inverter ones.

I think once you get the settings worked out you'll be happy with it if your doing thinner automotive stuff. Looking at the specs it would be a bit under powered if you needed to do any heavy steel of larger quantity. I'd say it'd do up to 5mm thick ok but only for shorter runs before heat may be a factor.

Total tools seemed to have it cheap. Its also a brand name from a real store so you've got warranty if needed.
351XD_Fairmont likes this

Thanks for that mate, yeah wasn't sure because I don't think I've used one similar before(although I might have and forgotten about it) so just wanted ask opinions before buying, I've also got my trusty old arc welder for the big heavy jobs just looking at this one for the lighter to mid range stuff. Thought it was good deal with those specs from a good brand with warranty and yeah total tools and afew others have it for $519 delivered so I'll be cheering if it serves my needs

2redrovers likes this

BRILLIANT Movie on tonight 10.45pm Gem(Ch92)  

Movie: The Usual Suspects

Friday 10th August at 10:45 pm (135 minutes)
A sole survivor tells of the twisty events leading up to a horrific gun battle on a boat, which began when five criminals met at a seemingly random police lineup.
Actors/Presenters: Kevin Spacey, Kevin Pollak, Stephen Baldwin, Gabriel Byrne, Benicio Del Toro, Pete Postlethwaite
MA
1995, USA, Repeat, CC, Drama, Crime

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114814/

bear351c and Valvebouncer like this

Looking forward to some quality shed time in the morning working on Lucy. Hopefully get most of her finished and go for a drive.

deankdx and xhadyboy like this

On 8/10/2018 at 6:15 AM, deankdx said:

BRILLIANT Movie on tonight 10.45pm Gem(Ch92)  

Movie: The Usual Suspects

Yep, sure is.  Kaiser Soze..?

deankdx likes this

hey is the early ea falcon single point manifold worth anything ? like are they rare nowadays for a 4.0l conversion carby

hey is the early ea falcon single point manifold worth anything ? like are they rare nowadays for a 4.0l conversion carby

No idea but its what my old ea/b had and no matter how it got driven it always seemed to use 10L/100 lol. Would have thought not many left these days?
CHESTNUTXE likes this

Fun fact... in 21 years of car ownership, I've only spent the equivalent of one brand new car on the combined purchase price (and a base model at that).

First car was bought in 96 or 97..

81? TE Gemini wagon

76 Rover p6b

89 EA gli sedan

77 Datsun 260z 2+2

(Also a hx one tonner at same time but not counted because it was business vehicle)

*same 89 EA again, reaquired from family member*

90 NA Fairlane 6cyl

92 Range Rover Vogue SE

74 Rover p6b (red one recently sold)

53 Fargo ute

74 Rover p6b (white one)

96 Mirage hatch

02 Au3 wagon

05 BA xt sedan

Grand total ...$34,000

Not counted in that list, blue 76 rover and white 98 xh ute.

CHESTNUTXE, bear351c, gerg and 1 other like this

I lost count on what I have spent on cars all though I can imagine no where near as much as others.

I have had one car now for 30 years though. One day she will hit the roads again.

2redrovers likes this

13 hours ago, 2redrovers said:

Fun fact... in 21 years of car ownership, I've only spent the equivalent of one brand new car on the combined purchase price (and a base model at that).

haha.. but did any get resale value or all worth zero in the end? i don't think i want to know mine.. plus it would take me all day to do the math on it. 

i don't think a NEW (say EB falcon bought in 1991 ish?) would have lasted ME for 25yrs anyway. i have worn out Low Km XE and XFs in 3 or 4 yrs to the point they needed double to fix than buying another..

i've owned at least 50 registered cars in that time.. probably wrecked at least 25 also 

but even running costs of $2000 a year min(rego, insurance, minimum maintenance) $50,000.. not to mention $50 week fuel bill most of that time($2500 per year, 25yrs = $625000)

No wonder My mate's son doesn't want a car.. he's 23 this year, 5yrs no car... no speeding fines, no accidents, no bills.. no life?

2redrovers and xhadyboy like this

That doesn't count any costs other than what we handed over to get the car, so no road costs or upkeep etc. I would have said the ea was the best value of dollar spent per k driven but that may be out done by the au3 now.

Did any make money? .... bought xh ute for 1300, sold for 1850 I think, but that was after spending time fixing sill rust. Didn't lose money but lots of time.

Datsun almost broke even 5100, sold 4500. Lost the most on the hx tonner but don't count it. Mirage only lost 100. Most cars bought for very little really and driven until usually not worth fixing but didn't overly lose on any except the hx although I literally spent nothing on it, not even tyres. Had it for a year?

deankdx likes this

12 hours ago, deankdx said:

i don't think a NEW (say EB falcon bought in 1991 ish?) would have lasted ME for 25yrs anyway.

..........not without head at 250,000, and a trans at 350,000 kays. :lol:

11 hours ago, bear351c said:

..........not without head at 250,000, and a trans at 350,000 kays. :lol:

i've done a million kms by now for sure.. so, add to the 4 heads, 3 x trans  25 sets of tyres, 25 wheel alignments, 5 radiators, 2 dizzys, countless electrical gremlins after 250,000ks ......

bear351c and 2redrovers like this

i've done a million kms by now for sure.. so, add to the 4 heads, 3 x trans  25 sets of tyres, 25 wheel alignments, 5 radiators, 2 dizzys, countless electrical gremlins after 250,000ks ......

And all that times two because "stuff happens"
deankdx likes this

What’s the go with xfalcon? Looking up something and the site is down and been for a few days now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Banno said:

What’s the go with xfalcon? Looking up something and the site is down and been for a few days now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just looked at it myself(to see if outback jack was on there)

no idea
2dSEUqz.jpg

i just looked at it myself(to see if outback jack was on there)
no idea
2dSEUqz.jpg

It's the same using tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Looks like someone flicked the wrong switch on the website xfalcon.com sits on.....

Hopefully it's an accidental issue the local site admin forgot to set, otherwise.....it could very well have been hacked/brought down.

HTTP 403 means there's something at the other end listening to your request (ie: the website you're trying to access) but it's not actually permitted to respond outside the 403 error (like the webpage you wanted). Tends to suggest a misconfiguration, but....anyone the site admin's email address? *hopeful look*

So started today intending to mow lawns. Ended up sick and at swimming lessons.  Now going to look at buying a new car.