Todd

What fluid for astra electric pump conversion

Most power steer fluid is just ATF.  Maybe check on a HOLDEN site for Astra specification list. ?

Let us know how you get on, thinking about the same for a future project.

If you're using any old parts, make sure you flush out all the mineral oil, first, Then add the Synthetic. I've heard they dont play well together.

May be wrong,

have been before,

many times,

another beer? ,

yeah, Cheers mate...... 

I can see it only being a problem when adding mineral oil to used synthetic already in the engine. As synthetic is much more able to absorb moisture, its content will be higher so if you go adding mineral to that, it may congeal into a milky mess. Other than that scenario, unless a lube engineer can correct me, both are ok mixed. Otherwise, there's be no such thing as a synthetic/mineral blend.

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

Thx bear and Greg for feedback.Synthetic penrite Ldas is recommended for astra 
surely the xd steering box shouldn’t have issue.?
Slightly different application but I'm using full synthetic power steer fluid in my LandCruiser because that's what recommended for the Falcon pumps, the Toyota steering box doesn't seem to care, if anything the steering is better (but that could be thanks to the much more modern pump)

using standard ford fluid in mine for awhile, what would you rather kill a steering box or kill a ps pump ? i vote killing the ps pump if it ever dies due to incorrect fluid - but no issue