burnsy

Rear Boot lid ZK torsion bar springs

Hi, I want to safely remove my rear torsion springs. when I release the arms from the 3 position adjustment lugs they go back and hit the shock mount supports and are still under a lot of tension.

Not sure if anyone has tried this?

My boot lid sits high at the window when closed, this is a boot lid of another car and has been fully smoothed on the underside so its probably my stuff-up !

I was hoping to remove the hinge arms cut out 5mm and reweld 

Thanks Burnsy

2 hours ago, burnsy said:

Hi, I want to safely remove my rear torsion springs. when I release the arms from the 3 position adjustment lugs they go back and hit the shock mount supports and are still under a lot of tension.

Not sure if anyone has tried this?

My boot lid sits high at the window when closed, this is a boot lid of another car and has been fully smoothed on the underside so its probably my stuff-up !

I was hoping to remove the hinge arms cut out 5mm and reweld 

Thanks Burnsy

i don't know if @MNTL.XD is still about, but I vaguely remember Paul doing similar on his XD, thread is below if you feel like checking it out regardless.. 

22 hours ago, bear351c said:

Could cut the torsion springs off, and use gas struts out of an NF Fairlane boot..??  

Thanks, I don`t know why I didn`t think of that.... seems to be the way to go as the lid is also heavy because of the infill panels and bog so I could pressure struts to suit

I will try and find a photo of the NL mounts.

Thanks for all the suggestions.