HandmeDown xf

86DA engine correct alloy head

just wondering ? could some one tell me  wot the original head number was for my crossflow motor its an 86DA 6015 AA block it had a C2 head on it when i got it

with an 84DA 9425-AB inlet manifold that i dont think is original  either .its a 1989-  september  built xf gls ute ?

any info would be grate thanks Brett 

@SPArKy_Dave might have an idea, but i wouldn't be too worried about it if it works.

i had a 1991 XF ute that had a D casting head, and i would have liked to put a C2 on it for more compression. the manifolds aren't much different, and it wouldn't surprise me if 84DA was the latest one

if you are building it back to original.. then you might want to try find the original casting and date codes(sparkydave loves that kind of thing

18 minutes ago, HandmeDown xf said:

thanks deankdx  how does one find original casting and date codes???

just hope Sparkydave comes along then, as i have tried looking but with little success .

those numbers you read are date codes in essence .. 

engine 86DA cast in 1986, there will be month casting lump somewhere on the block it's basically same as an XD XE and then 84DA block other than the crank rear main seal 

the manifold 84DA is cast in 1984(will probably be a month casting somewhere on it, i'm not into finding out that kind of thing) the 82 DA was XE and very similar other than a vent hose to the air cleaner added on XF (XF started in 1984)  so the 84DA might not have changed right through till 1993 the last XF ute.. not sure.

Heads and pistons had different chamber size/piston dish so they can be mixed and matched poorly or for improvement . i can't remember what head had what chamber anymore, but there were quite a lot of them. the head reconditioner i used had a cnc map to COPY an E2 head (from a C2)which was supposed to be best in many ways but ford changed them for a reason(most likely to improve emissions/fuel economy)

My last ute had 120PSI compression (1991 XF ute, )but i've had an XE with 180psi. which had more guts, but the low compression ute still went good. 

Those are part numbers not casting numbers.

The 84DA xxx the main part - first out in 84. The letters on the end are revision numbers - A = first, B = second revision.

86DA block with C2 head and 84DA intake seems original to me.

My 88 ute has an 84DA intake I believe?

Casting date will be a short 3 digit/letter sequence.

ie, 9D20 would equal 20/04/1989