Server maintenance Read more... ×
X-F250

Weird NC Fairlane 4.0 issues...

G'day Fellas,

After cracking the shits and abandoning my NC after the coil died and then refused to start after it was replaced back in July of last year I finally got around to working on it again and discovered that my lack of spark was caused by one of the pins backing out of the coil plug. I fixed that and got it "running", but it's still not right.

It runs on 4 cylinders (you can take the spark plugs off 1 and 2 and it keeps running) but only if you reverse the spark plug leads for 3 and 4. It's got a brand new dizzy, coil, TFI, etc. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Did you use the correct firing order roller windsors use the 13726548 order like a Cleveland not 15486372 like a pre 86 302 windsor
Not quite the solution but you fellas were on the right track. I had another go at it this morning, pulled all the leads off and went to put them back on again just to be sure. That's when I noticed that the firing order stamped on the posts on the el cheapo Chinese dizzy cap was wrong, 5 and 3 were reversed. Swapped 'em over, cranked it and it fired right up!

Not quite the solution but you fellas were on the right track. I had another go at it this morning, pulled all the leads off and went to put them back on again just to be sure. That's when I noticed that the firing order stamped on the posts on the el cheapo Chinese dizzy cap was wrong, 5 and 3 were reversed. Swapped 'em over, cranked it and it fired right up!

I love it when a plan comes together