all you need is a diff out of a xg and a disc handbrake cable ,or use a xc or xd diff because the axle ratio will suit your xf ,the xg diff will be 3.27 because of a 4 speed auto,a 2.77 or 2.92 will work fine if it was me i would be looking for a xd lsd 2.92 .

1 hour ago, Charlzy said:

Thanks mate, cheers.

2 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

all you need is a diff out of a xg and a disc handbrake cable ,or use a xc or xd diff because the axle ratio will suit your xf ,the xg diff will be 3.27 because of a 4 speed auto,a 2.77 or 2.92 will work fine if it was me i would be looking for a xd lsd 2.92 .

EA EB ED wagon diff is same as XG also. .(will be likely 2.92 from EA with 3 speed auto, and 3.23 or 3.27 also for the rest)

EF EL wagon and XH can fit easily but need a bit more stuffing around with brake lines and cables.

however.. why do you want rear discs? they have GARBAGE hand brakes.. and i don't recall ever having an issue with My XF ute with drums, and only swapped to discs later due to fitting an XD ghia diff (LSD wanted, but they have vented discs... unlike the EA/XG etc solid) 

if it's due to having mag wheels that show a drum, then fair enough, but if you can't see it, i don't think discs are an upgrade.. (would be needed if engineering though)

Yeah I just like the look of rear discs is all. It's going to be my daily driver so I won't be needing a $4000 upgrade just something that looks nice.
Ahh 1 more thing you need a tailshaft with the flange on it if fitting a xg or eb diff but not the early diff it will fit fine ,just buy a set of centerline wheels it will hide the drums lol

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk