hendrixhc

XG FUEL Sender for sure.

Im looking at pissing off the fuel tank in the ute and fitting a fuel sell but id like to know for sure if the gauge uses a resistive sender.

From what i can interpret from the service manual it does.

I can get a 5 bolt sender from aeroflow in three different resistance ratings but as per usual on the internet everyone has an opinion but id prefer a definitive answer.

Any help appreciated.

Im looking at pissing off the fuel tank in the ute and fitting a fuel sell but id like to know for sure if the gauge uses a resistive sender.

From what i can interpret from the service manual it does.

I can get a 5 bolt sender from aeroflow in three different resistance ratings but as per usual on the internet everyone has an opinion but id prefer a definitive answer.

Any help appreciated.

Do you have the Ford XG Workshop manual Hendrix?, I have one here if you don't, pretty sure I've seen a section on sender resistance.

I'll go back out to Shed and grab it.....

3d0d70ca1490019ef3e5e727c73dc606.jpg

There you go mate. :)

Sent from my S21 using Tapatalk

Yeah thanks JAck, got one here.

One section shows resistance but another suggests voltage outputs.

It states that the resistance should be between 11 and 152 ohms, of course which doesnt exist as an aftermarket sender.

Yeah thanks JAck, got one here.

One section shoes resistance but another suggests voltage outputs.

It states that the resistance should be between 11 and 152 ohms, of course which doesnt exist as an aftermarket sender.
That bit on Resistance above is spot on.
∆∆∆∆

Sent from my S21 using Tapatalk

If you get a sender that has a range that is greater than the desired range for the instrument cluster, you can just adjust the length and position of the float arm to use the portion of the rheostat that matches the range required by the days. 

That is, design the float arm. So that it contacts the bottom of the fuel tank when the sender is at the "empty" resistance value and contacts the top of the fuel tank at the... You guessed it, "full" resistance. 

Older dash from x series like the digital dash won't work unless you use a box in-between to convert the resistance into volts.