Ron

2v extractors or 4v?

Hi guys, i am new to getting back into the clevo scene. I have a nice 351 coming soon, but it wont come with exhaust manifolds etc.

When i brought my xe off a mate he threw some extractors in with it in the boot, I fished them out today and they are MOTIVATOR ones. (lukey?) . Part number is A MPH 595.

Would anyone know what they are? ( quality , 2V /4V)  Also call me stupid but the motor that is coming has 4v heads on it, so whats the difference when listed 4v extractors? I assume the exhaust size or something? So is it possible to use the extractors i have here, if i find out they are 2v or will i know immediately when the motor arrives they wont work/fit? I am trying to save $$ by using them as they look pretty new. Cheers

Ahh righto, i had a feeling that was the case. So i will have to try track down the exact extractors and see if they are 4v. Xe came with a 302, so i will assume they are 2v. Cheers for the info hendrix!

If you're after new extractors, be mindful of what you buy. All ebay adverts say "will fit from XY - XE" But, there are some differences, many wont fit without a BFH on one of the tubes.

Some wont fit a C6 or FMX, some interfere with manual steering etc, etc, ..

As James said, the port sizes are way different, so make sure you get the correct 2V or 4V.  Do you have an inlet manifold? should have 4V stamped on it, if it is a 4V. 98% of Clevo's were only 2V. 

The 4V inlet port has roughly the same width of material on top and bottom of the "hole", the 2v on the right, has almost double the thickness on the top of the "hole"

2V versus 4V

You will know straight away if it's a 4V, with the inlet manifold off, you will see the inlet ports and be able to almost fit your fist down one. Also, the heads will likely have a "4" cast into one of the corners that stick out from the rocker cover.

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk