Server maintenance Read more... ×

So basically, I installed the FALCON BA/BF - TERRITORY SX/SY AUDIO BOOSTER from ASL Media, everything is fine, the audio is 10x better so im happy, the day after my car battery is dead. I then buy a new battery and sure enough the thing is dead in less than 24 hours later. I then realise it is the Audio Booster causing this so I remove it and everything is  fine again. If you dont know, the way this is installed is by plugging a female adapter into the blue male plug behind the fuze box of a BF falcon, So if anyone has any ideas on how this issue can be resolved I will love to see your replies so I can get my music back to a good quality. Thanks guys.

Photo of the plug: 

Wires.thumb.jpg.4a42fb5d596466471cfc29a45a12019f.jpg

So basically, I installed the FALCON BA/BF - TERRITORY SX/SY AUDIO BOOSTER from ASL Media, everything is fine, the audio is 10x better so im happy, the day after my car battery is dead. I then buy a new battery and sure enough the thing is dead in less than 24 hours later. I then realise it is the Audio Booster causing this so I remove it and everything is  fine again. If you dont know, the way this is installed is by plugging a female adapter into the blue male plug behind the fuze box of a BF falcon, So if anyone has any ideas on how this issue can be resolved I will love to see your replies so I can get my music back to a good quality. Thanks guys.

Photo of the plug: 
Wires.thumb.jpg.4a42fb5d596466471cfc29a45a12019f.jpg

Where you have power to that wiring must be a constant 12V. You want power from a source that only has power when you are running. Switched 12V.
So after the ignition and a power source that only powered in the ON position on Ignition barrel.
Try power antenna, cigarette lighter, an amp power on from head unit.
Just a few.

Sent from my S21 using Tapatalk

Not sure if this could create a problem in your ford or not     but  if the booster draws a lot of power it may be advisable to use the blue feed into a relay first then power out to audio booster so you reduce the overload for whatever the blue wire was designed for.   my young son wired up a sound system once and the onboard computer immobilized the vehicle (bmw) thinking it was being hot wired.  from memory they ended up direct coupling to battery through a relay which had a low voltage cut out protection.    

cheers  Demmo