Free.51

V8 brake booster

Hi all, got a V8 brake booster recently for my FD anyway took the 6cyl one out last night & have been trying to fit the v8 with no luck, i noticed there was a stud on the firewall that was in the way i have taken that off but still cant seem to get the bottom stud on the booster to go in, i can get the other 2 studs in. Has anybody done this before & have any advice on getting it in?

I got the drill out & increased the size of the holes in the firewall & the cunt dropped in, job done.
Looks like you're the first to come across (and solve) this problem... You're a pioneer!

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

I thought it would be a straight swap no ptobs but it was a pain getting the nuts & washers off from inside the footwell doing that contorsionist shit again & the pushrod kept getting stuck on the brake pedal grrrrrrrr but after all the bs that goes along with it its all back together just need to bleed the system now but ill do that another day. Getting the hole on the push rod onto the circle thingy on the pedal was a pain too had to use multi grips in a spot with no space grasp it on all the way then get the bloody pin guided & pushed in with my left hand fkn hell. Just glad its done im not in a hurry to do that job again for awhile thats for sure.

I fkn hate under-dash work, hence the reason why I refused to swap the whole pedal box out and just did the pedal shaft (cable to hydraulic conversion). I dread the day my booster needs changing, but these old clunkers always need this kind of upkeep..... unfortunately

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk