Server maintenance Read more... ×
cleveland351

Australian Cleveland 351Engine Decoder

Jg65rc6806 - Cleveland 351 4v Engine Number

Hey Ford Techsperts😎

Trying to figure out the Ford this engine came out of back in the day. Could even be the 70’s. Is this a rare Engine?

Thanks for your help👍

Cheers

Cleveland351

http://www.ozfalcon.com.au/index.php?/topic/6207-decoding-a-falcon-chnvin/

Looks like it's out of a Jan 75 Falcon 500 2 door.
Yep... My coupe is JG65RE, which was complianced May 75. Mine's a 500 as well.

Fun fact: I looked at a date stamp under the steering column, the car was assembled April 21, a year to the day before my birthday

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

Thanks Mate for kindly getting back to me. It also has an “R” stamp on the block and I believe it is a 4v. Is this clevo engine just as good as the GT one and is it rare? Any helper with these additional questions would be greatly appreciated😎

Cheers

No, it's not rare. They made probably around 90% of clevelands 2V, so it's more rare than them, but, even the GT block was not that great. You can make a 2V the same standard as a GT with todays parts and technology. 

It doesn't sound like a 4V, and there are ways of telling if it's a Geelong or Cleveland casting by a mark next to the oil pressure sender. There were no 4V engines cast here. They were using up the last of the US castings during XB production but the exact date I can't tell you. I'm pretty sure only the GTs got the 4Vs but I'm happy to be corrected on this.

Thanks Mate for kindly getting back to me. It also has an “R” stamp on the block and I believe it is a 4v. Is this clevo engine just as good as the GT one and is it rare? Any helper with these additional questions would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
The "R" may well be a stamp by an engine reco mob when it was freshened up. If so, It's likely to have +20 or +30 bores.