Patto07

Block fill 302 clevo

Hey all,

Looking for some advice blockfilling my 302 Cleveland. Has anyone done this before and have any advice to share with regards to proceedure, hight of filler, watter flow direction and path through the filled block/heads and any photos of proceedure and results?

Cheers for the help in advance

Hey all, Looking for some advice blockfilling my 302 Cleveland. Has anyone done this before and have any advice to share with regards to proceedure, hight of filler, watter flow direction and path through the filled block/heads and any photos of proceedure and results? Cheers for the help in advance 

I have never blockfilled a motor but most will fill up to the bottom of the welch plugs, tipping the block 45 degrees so one bank is filled vertically, left to set, then the other bank is filled after tipping it 45 degrees in the other direction. Fill it any higher than the bottom of the welch plug holes and you will run into cooling issues. On a 302, it will be less of a problem as the stroke is 1/2” shorter, meaning the piston sits at BDC higher in the bore by that amount, and cooling the bores only really matters where combustion takes place above the piston. 

Are you looking at turbo/supercharging/nitrous? I would first get the block sonic-checked, particularly if it's a later black block, as they were a bit of a lucky-dip in regards to core-shift. If you find a thin cylinder, and don't have a selection of blocks to choose from, you may have to sleeve it. That can get expensive.

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk