Todd

351c waterpump weep at bottom

Gave my 351c a new water pump for incoming summer and used a zivor cast and its gets 

tiny small weeps coming out of bottom.first fitment I used aviatIon gasket sealant with gasket 

and couldn’t stop small weeps under driving temp no matter how much I did up bolts.

second time I used water pump gasket maker with gasket and same result .

Should I try different brand water pump maybe alloy type and maybe replace sandwich plate

Gave my 351c a new water pump for incoming summer and used a zivor cast and its gets 
tiny small weeps coming out of bottom.first fitment I used aviatIon gasket sealant with gasket 
and couldn’t stop small weeps under driving temp no matter how much I did up bolts.
second time I used water pump gasket maker with gasket and same result .
Should I try different brand water pump maybe alloy type and maybe replace sandwich plate
Your sandwich plate is likely the reason why it's leaking. 40-odd years of corrosion makes them horrible and pitted. Without seeing it in person, I can't be sure about that though. Found also be coming out of the tell-tale hole from the shaft seal.

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

Thx for reply gerg yeah it looks pitted in some areas are the sandwich plate straight 

forward to fit its looks like two bolts on timing indicator and another bolt opposite side with two dowels.Is it  just just three bolts and a gasket or is there something I have overlooked.Cheers 

Thx for reply gerg yeah it looks pitted in some areas are the sandwich plate straight 
forward to fit its looks like two bolts on timing indicator and another bolt opposite side with two dowels.Is it  just just three bolts and a gasket or is there something I have overlooked.Cheers 
Unfortunately no mate, the sump has to drop to make sure the half-moon seal goes back in properly. If you try and put the timing cover on without dropping the sump, the half-moon will likely push into the sump as you pop the cover back on.

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk