marcus

My 4.1 carb xf ute will not start, suspected fuel delivery issue

So my 86 xf ute ran great and would start straight away but after being parked for a few weeks its decided to not start. The engine turns over and if I pour fuel directly into the carb it will go. There is fuel in the tank and the fuel filter is not blocked, what do you guys think is the issue?

So my 86 xf ute ran great and would start straight away but after being parked for a few weeks its decided to not start. The engine turns over and if I pour fuel directly into the carb it will go. There is fuel in the tank and the fuel filter is not blocked, what do you guys think is the issue?

Crack open the fuel line up to the carby and crank the engine for a few seconds. If fuel spurts out, your fuel pump is pumping. In that case, you might have a stuck or blocked float needle or hung up float.

If the pump doesn't pump out fuel, it's either got a valve stuck open (had that before), a broken pump arm or pivot, broken spring or there's a blockage between the pump and the filter (kinked line, etc.).

If the carby is getting any fuel at all, you can check that by pulling the air filter off and looking down the primary throat to see if the squirter works when you open the throttle (engine off).

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

my guess would be cracked/split fuel hose before the fuel pump.. sucking air.
(joins at fuel tank, and around diff area to hard lines, and under passenger floor where it has a join  and around fuel pump area/chassis rail

definitely like gerg's answers above also