Server maintenance Read more... ×
Luke13

GMB water pump different thread

Hi all I just fitted a GMB water pump and the flange for the belt pulley is a different thread than the original does has any one else had this problem and are xf possibly a different thread to xe. It's on a xflow
Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

i ran into this problem with my crossflow as i needed to fit a screw on clutch fan,then ended up swapping back to the non a/c waterpump that has no thread,and used thermo fan,if this is the problem you have,it sounds like it.

Yea I needed a new pump and I am changing to thermal fan so I cut off the thread for the clutch fan but the bolts that hold the pulley to the pump are different thread so I can't put the pulley back on lol. I will run to the shop tomorrow and get a few different thread 5/16 bolts and hope one of them fits the flange to pulley

That rings a bell from the last time someone had this same problem on here. Looks like new pumps are metric, probably M8 x 1.25. The originals would have been 5/16" UNF if they were like clevos (and of the very few fine-thread bolts on the engine)

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

Yep, been there recently also. Replacement water pump and the thread for the four small pulley bolts were different. Who'd have known, pretty frustrating at the time 😵

Yea Iol I was rather frustrated it stopped me putting in my T5 I had organised to use a mates hoist yesterday but couldn't drive the bloody thing there because of 4 little bolts I had to order them in it was the 5th different thread I tried lol