Sign in to follow this  
AussieSpeed

Crossflow Powered Anglia Build

Hi every one just wanted to let you know we now have 2 cars that we now own for developing more crossflow and ohc 4.0 litre performance gear. Most of you may already know of Aussiespeed performance products with our range catering more so for the old school market. The little Angila will get many combos thrown at it including 2 & 4 barrell N/A combo, we have a few bottle of of giggle gas sitting around plus in the next few mounts or supercharger manifold that is the last piece of the puzzle to complete our blower kits. we are not going for the neat under bonnet type kits ours will be more like  John Holmes in speedos with it all hanging out the hood. there is a link to the gasser style Angila build below..

http://www.kustombitz.com.au/c/4384260/1/ford-anglia-105e-gasser-drag-car.html

enjoy the build and we will have a page going up on the OHC Falcon ute soon on

http://www.aussiespeed.com

Mark

Link works fine this end, any one else find it doesnt work ? There are pictures of the Anglia from when we first brought it up until we got it back from the paint shop that include the fitting of the straight front axle and more. As far as prices go i am not trying to be a smart arse but have you considered this, we manufacture here in Australia for a small market, We have many other small businesses that rely on the Aussiespeed range of products to keep there staff employed, Foundrys, machine shops, powder coaters, metal polishers, printers, couriers, truck drivers even the guy who makes our cardboard boxes. I dont have a problem sleeping at night about our prices its actually easy knowing that we are helping to keep aussies employed helping to educate, feed & cloth there kids and for families to maintain the Aussie way of life .. We have no intention of sending our pattern equipment and manufacturing of shore its simple " when it cost more to make it  got to sell for more"

I'm using an IPhone so maybe an issue with seeing it on that.

I totally understand the reasoning for the higher prices, unfortuanetly consumers are price driven, people will always say they want to buy Australian but at the end of the day price and budget will always dictate where the money goes. Your manifolds are very nice and all but nearly every person I have built an engine for or talked to would rather go for a modified secondhand redline or Cain, that's the usual budget of crossflow owners lol.

Not knocking your product just the price, is there any room for a price decrease across your product range?

Until manufacturing costs come down or the Australian government decide they want to help manufacturing businesses i can only ever see prices going up. I understand that there are guys building engines on budgets and hey due to the cost they may never use our products but that is something we can not control..It is more than likely why there are only a handful of manufacturers still producing performance products here in Australia and i can see more falling victim to the high costs and lack of consumer support due to the higher costs. I started Aussiespeed with the main aim of manufacturing as much of the Aussiespeed range here in Australia & catering for a niche market and would like to thank the customers who have supported us as our range has grown to close on 500 products. We do offer a discount to real bricks and mortar businesses but it is still going to be dearer than a used product..

Mark

That's fair enough Mark, I personally don't see the Australian manufacturing sector surviving unfortuanetly.

On a positive note I do recommend your manifolds whenever we talk about combos it just comes down to cost 90% of the time.

I would like to see some pics of the project, maybe you could start a project thread on this forum? I am also setting up a 120y coupe to run both a Cleveland and crossflow for development and plan to run your manifold.

Thanks

I'm using an IPhone so maybe an issue with seeing it on that.

I totally understand the reasoning for the higher prices, unfortuanetly consumers are price driven, people will always say they want to buy Australian but at the end of the day price and budget will always dictate where the money goes. Your manifolds are very nice and all but nearly every person I have built an engine for or talked to would rather go for a modified secondhand redline or Cain, that's the usual budget of crossflow owners lol.

Not knocking your product just the price, is there any room for a price decrease across your product range?

And there lies the single biggest issue with 99% of X-flow owners.Most want $10,000 performance for $10.It just doesn't work that way.I know there basically a old tractor luggin snot box of a thing but performance parts cost money and alot are custom made or a "found" item from another brand or make that just happens to work.

I have a custom girdle custom pan,custom stud kit,custom guide plates custom pipes and the list goe's on and on.If it was a SS they would not think twice about dropping $4000 on a set of wheels and another $4000 on a stereo but god dam if they will spend $400 on a manifold? 

We need to get people out of that way of thinking and accept if we want to go fast we have spend money on needed parts even if it is just a old tractor engine. 

but your nuts rob most would fit a v8 its ok to be diffrent but if i spent 10k on a motor it would want to run easy 10s 

winton im going to try and keep up in my stock 250 i spent $10 on LOL

but your nuts rob most would fit a v8 its ok to be diffrent but if i spent 10k on a motor it would want to run easy 10s 

winton im going to try and keep up in my stock 250 i spent $10 on LOL

Atleast I return ph calls :) Yes I know being different costs money but why run 10's and be boring when I can run 11's and be cool? I'm not expecting too much from mine just want to smack a few V8's and snails along the way...LOL About to order induction parts this week too...perhaps which will leave me with a spare Aussiespeed 4barrel manifold funny enough.But I will save it for my spare petrol engine LOL 

Still stands that people expect to pay twenty cents for performance parts when it's for a x-flow but a V8 or turbo they will pay thru there nose and ass? I don't get it bro?    

part prices should reflect the benefit and workmanship involved.

while i haven't used them, the aussiespeed gear seems to work great out of the box, and is well made...

you wanna whinge about part prices? how about $8k to get extra 30hp for an 2001 m3.. fark that.

Atleast I return ph calls :) Yes I know being different costs money but why run 10's and be boring when I can run 11's and be cool? I'm not expecting too much from mine just want to smack a few V8's and snails along the way...LOL About to order induction parts this week too...perhaps which will leave me with a spare Aussiespeed 4barrel manifold funny enough.But I will save it for my spare petrol engine LOL 

Still stands that people expect to pay twenty cents for performance parts when it's for a x-flow but a V8 or turbo they will pay thru there nose and ass? I don't get it bro?

I am one of these fish-assess XD But it goes for every aspect of my life, not just crossy's. MY MONEY. MINE. EYES OFF.

Kudos to you for making parts locally Mark, Keep it real and keep it up!

And there lies the single biggest issue with 99% of X-flow owners.Most want $10,000 performance for $10.It just doesn't work that way.I know there basically a old tractor luggin snot box of a thing but performance parts cost money and alot are custom made or a "found" item from another brand or make that just happens to work.

I 100% agree Rob, that's why companies like procomp are successful, people nearly always go the cheaper option. The thing with xflows is for the same cost of a new manifold is they can get a redline and carb secondhand and a new cam and lifters for the same money.

When I've built engines for others I always try and get them to buy an aussiespeed manifold but they always come back with "I can get this, this and this for the same money". People don't realise the importance of a good intake manifold for an inline 6. Your dealing with a majority of budget restricted demographic when it comes to xflow owners in my opinion.

Your dealing with a majority of budget restricted demographic when it comes to xflow owners in my opinion.

There it is...even Q admitted it,Wes has dealt with it for ever and Ants can vouch for it with his yard.I was like this in the start and to a degree still want everything as cheap as I can get it but there is no getting around buying solid stuff when you want to step up with the really fast boys.Over $1000 for 6 pistons can make you question if your on the right track when you look at Windsor or Chevy units @ $600 for 8 but the outlay is a necessary evil of going fast with a NAT ASP 6 banger.No one ever said going fast was cheap or easy no matter what engine it was...unless it was stolen I guess?

Cast pistons and hyd cams on stock rockers in stock bottom ends just don't cut it.A x-flow needs a investment if they want em to go really fast and Marks products are all worth the money IMO.I do have different expectations and goals than others do so I can accept my views will be different to many also but at some time common sense needs to come into play and people need to realize the need of outlay for results. 

My grandfather always said if you want your horse to run faster, you have to feed it more.

So when I buy parts, I look at price and think how long is this going to last for what I want it to do.

Companies like Procomp try to polish a turd, but end up just rolling it in glitter, end of the day its still shit! But guys time after time buy these cheap products, and when they break they complain.....

Keep up the good work Aussiespeed.

Here here to Mark and his Aussie company.  If penny pinching tight arses want to waste thier money on an inferior sceond hand manifold then let them I say.  The true performance enthusiast will always pay more for a product that delivers more.  The old saying "A poor man pays twice" rings true in my ear.

Who else but Aussiespeed would have taken up my idea of making a new "visually standard" manifold for a x-flow? Answer - No one. Mark not only took on the idea but he funded, developed and produced it - all at his own expense with the knowledge that the return for his investment might not be that great.  Of course I layed down my hard earned on one of the first ones cast and I am happy to report it ran the numbers straight out of the box - as cast - with no port matching.  It still has more in it too and Mark is again happy to assit with ongoing research and development.  Who else would do that?

As Arthur would say to Terry "its all a case of supply and demand" and this dictates the cost of Mark's products.  Perhaps suggest to your customers that yes, they can go the cheap way but they will lose all the benefits of their cylinder head mods, cam selection and potential horsepower by doing so.  I have flow bench figures that show the importance of a good inlet manifold and I would be happy to provide them to you to show your customers.  Trust me when you see it on paper, you would never go with the 'cheap' option.

End of rant.....

Hey Ando, I would like to see the flow data for sure. Like you said it is a supply and demand thing, the engines that i have built for others aren't ball tearing monsters lol the upper end of the horsepower world won't skimp on an aussiespeed manifold, I would buy and use them on every engine if I could, even the mildest of motors would benefit.

I end up cleaning up the runners and reshaping the secondhand intakes instead and they do work reasonably well after that, in some way it is my own fault because I never charge people for that time spent, I just want to get the best out of what I have to work with, the engines I build are generally just for people I know or friends of friends so I don't want to make out I'm some high performance engine building workshop, tho I plan for that to change hahaha. If I start charging the money for the time they may realise it's worth getting the aussiespeed manifolds or they may just pull out of the build altogether who knows.

If the prices were lower the demand would rise which would drop manufacturing costs etc etc I don't know if it would work out that way but I thought I would just put it out there.

So for my last side track of Marks thread...When are we gunna see some of these engine you helped your mates with bro.I'd be interested in seeing em and how you work as we all can learn off each other still.Keep all your secrets but a basic run down with some pics will re-enthuse some of us.

Gee Ando you made me feel all fuzzy inside..ha ha..seriously guys i have spent many hours on the flow bench and at the end of it i dont even keep the data. Some of you might think thats crazy but i know when i put something into production i know how close it is runner to runner and that is the key. Tony made mention of a manifold he recently got and i knew and told him what it flowed like before he got it.i didnt feed him any flow figures as you can put a manifold on a shit head and the manifold looks shit, you can put that same manifold on a good head and the manifold looks great.. . i had sold around 8 of them and all but 1 customer told me that the RWHP gains they got were even more that i expected and the few that flowed them said the figures they got were real good and they picked up some serious gains. Then i got a call from the last guy whos opening line was "That manifold you sold me is shit and your a fucking C%*T"..i tried to stay calm and asked a few questions, turned out he had never run the manifold on the engine but his engine builder had flowed it on his cylinder head.. they only flowed 1 port his comment was my engine guy has been working on cars for 30 years...

Just because some does a job for a long time doesnt mean they are any good.I cant control who uses my products..I offered him his money back and said send the manifold back...its been near on 2 months and i havent heard a word..flow figures are one thing but a big fat torque curve is something else..

I'm interested in more info on the stock looking manifold Mark, is it a speedway orientated thing? If so that's much less work then cutting them in half to port them and then sticking them back together again lol.

Hey Sly, I have some pics somewhere I will dig them out, as for pics of engines I never really takes pics, it's always an after thought, plus there's nothing really exciting about a stock looking crossflow with a Holley on it hahaha. I won't mess up Marks thread anymore than I already have so I will post up pics of past projects in my Datsun build thread so you can have a look. As for secrets I don't really have any and I'm more than happy to share what I find. I have just paid for my flow bench setup from the states and hope to have that up and running in the next 4 weeks then I will be posting lots of info and pics. I have a speedway engine that I'm developing at the moment for a local racer down here and I will post up some specs for that too and pics of the pipes I modified as well as the rest of the build, just have to remember to take pics lol.

Mark I do hope I haven't caused offence to you as I have said I do think your product is excellent.