Server maintenance Read more... ×
TempesT

Aeroflow heads??

well I'm doing a pretty basic build for the Mrs Effie 351c.

Anyone used the bare Aeroflow heads? I know they are Chinese but should be some win over rebuilding the 2v's??

well I'm doing a pretty basic build for the Mrs Effie 351c.
 Anyone used the bare Aeroflow heads? I know they are Chinese but should be some win over rebuilding the 2v's??
It wouldn't surprise me if they at least use the same casting as ProComp. Those have a reputation of being porous in the metal and when bought assembled, valve seats had dropped out, rocker pedestals were found to be machined crooked, port and manifold alignment were poor, and generally it was just false economy to buy them, then have them stripped and machined properly and have decent hardware installed.

Even if they're not the same casting, still China.

I would look at the local alloy stuff if you can stretch that far. Otherwise, a set of CNC ported Pavtek 2Vs would be a sure bet at least for reliability. You can't beat factory iron on that front. In a truck, that would be #1 priority for me.

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

I'll bet they are rebranded Procomp.   They are a very poor quality alloy . A reputable engine builder showed me years ago how to tell. He tapped a good brand head , the alloy had a real nice ring to it . That apparently is an indication.. 

The procomp head sounded like hitting a block of wood lol 

Got a link on the Cleveland Aeroflow heads haven't seen them yet, Saw Proflow have a few listings for 2V & 3V Cleveland heads, but no stock,

Pavtek ported iron 2V are $2675 complete, change over or your heads. AFD alloys $2800 assembled(C1) ($1500 bare), CHI 2V around $3200 assembled(C1) ($2200bare),

SCM 4V CNC ported (has 5 levels of porting) from $3520 bare.

For what its worth my father's 351C stroker (383?) has a pair of AFD's on it.

The thing is a monster. With a very streetable 230@50 camshaft and 10:1 compression it has 720Nm of torque with a housebrick shaped curve, and peaks out at 502hp around 5000rpm. It's undercarbed, too, with only a modest Holley 750 on top. The dyno bloke reckoned a 900cfm carb and 650hp would be where the combo was at if it he ever wanted the max out of it.

It powers a '78 F350 with 4 speed manual and 'vendors overdrive. The whole thing is massive, about 2.5t static weight. He's had 4t on the back of it, too, and the thing just doesn't care.

Huge recommendation for the AFD's.

- boingk

The AFD's and CHI heads are the go .. I have been involved with the AFD heads , They are a good thing but on the combo I was working on the heads did need some work , but results were good .

The 3V's are a good go to head IMO  and have plenty of good results 

hey guys thanks for the flood of help here!

Yeh I may have jumped the gun looking at those aeroflows they are only a 351w.... woops.

I am thinking the pavteks might be the go! Get their cam package to suite and an air gap dual plane manifold ontop of a freshly rebuilt bottom end should be healthy enough for the F100 without making it unstreetable! 

AFD's would be the go if I wanted to chase more HP from this but its more of a weekend / work type street build!