Boingk

Boingk's F250 4x4

Evening all. I picked this up today. Let me know if the pics don't work. 

She's an early dentside F250 4x4, commonly called the 'Highboy' option. She has a 351C and manual trans, lots of rust in the floors and a fairly clean engine compartment.

ACtC-3ft_Nq-GZso0Fl9UZQ0f0whhSBvj3MxkwIi

ACtC-3coRH_OFrBVi6bHZFiLKLk0q1UkmOCLh-_u

ACtC-3fm2uJ9kkXES1XWOSHJPeWkXMc9s4GbHJgY

ACtC-3fk-daNKZriiXUagIZlV47zNIbM3WWHS8fA

ACtC-3fXzQY7w_466zn_oGUPAl4txQPvroTDsACW

Got the Chassis number, its AL2JRY 32443... so USA-made, Broadmeadows assembled F250... whats the rest? I can find plenty of data for US trucks but not a whole lot for ours.

- boingk

I do like the idea of the blue - on white, I think I might do it. The floors are stuffed and need welding and repainting anyway. I'll most likely use truck bed liner to pain the floor and leave the rest of the cab white inside, then go blue out and white Sunraysia wheels (which I already have).

Yes, I'm keeping as much of the stock dash as I can. I fired it up last night and it all works as far as I can tell so that's a huge plus. 

The aircon unit has had its day (no surprise) but all the components are there. I may see about pulling it down for a refurb and use a more modern impeller and motor for it. If its too far gone internally, I'll just use a knee-freezer type I have laying around from a previous build.

More as it comes, I have the day off tomorrow so hopefully can get her up and running. My main concern earlier was finding a VIN to make 101% sure she's not stolen etc... and she's clean as a whistle so lets get to it.

- boingk

Thanks mate, and yeah interesting setup.

The engine number is as follows, I get JG45PB - 41814K. Chassis number below for reference. 

Interesting find on the rear axle code, though, it apparently is listed for a 1975 1/2 F250 4x2 pickup. Maybe this whole thing is a conversion? Wow.

ACtC-3c6A7Zfup_ocMRNvNpV_gPPqWKCMMFffEOd

ACtC-3d5bQvTVAWrrAC-HNnG4brMR-ofFj975KZX

The engine number is as follows, I get JG45PB - 41814K. Chassis number below for reference. 

Interesting find on the rear axle code, though, it apparently is listed for a 1975 1/2 F250 4x2 pickup. Maybe this whole thing is a conversion? Wow.

ACtC-3c6A7Zfup_ocMRNvNpV_gPPqWKCMMFffEOdbTxWMgh0h2-hzpwR-Kp7OrsKfgIunQ5Iaiq-myFgZeej3KY03qzM3P9dv9LHZ03ZLhdld5C9TURYSkUKhE3NR9X5fqvLvmkSk7hawYznRfQJtXp9l9PJ=w965-h569-no?authuser=0

ACtC-3d5bQvTVAWrrAC-HNnG4brMR-ofFj975KZXWMLa9SxSnimWD_JY0VOIXt1dP-y7LTQA4ruVB-cI5sbEUQC8ovt1GxQqHBM3HXn6O7oFvMw8mg34-f4TalQvmDg3OLS-0z7_b8Pvfjj-2ZOBdnCACAN9=w965-h724-no?authuser=0
Nah that aint no 400 but could have the 400 351m bracket as it looks like a custom set up,see how it stix out the pump i mean like a 400 bracket but i would say its a mixture of 2

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

Nah that aint no 400 but could have the 400 351m bracket as it looks like a custom set up,see how it stix out the pump i mean like a 400 bracket but i would say its a mixture of 2

Yeah roger that. I didn't think it was a 400, looks just like a regular-deck 351 to me. The heads look to be standard 351 castings too.

EDIT: Just ran the engine number, it is apparently a September '74 date of production destined for a Falcon 500 Van.

1 minute ago, BGDAV said:

where was the chassis rail number? i need to find mine soon 

Hi mate, if you look through the driver's side (right side) front wheel arch you should see it on the *side* of the chassis rail forward of the axle. At least, that's where mine was.

None of the US-based info (under the cab, on the top of the rail near right side exhaust outlet) seems to apply to our markings.... which is good as this spot is easy to get to and all those ones suck! I had to do a quick wet-sand and spraypaint session to make the number easily readable, before that it was very hard to spot.

1 hour ago, Boingk said:

ACtC-3c6A7Zfup_ocMRNvNpV_gPPqWKCMMFffEOd

That's an 09/74 XB panelvan engine block.

My 11/74 XB panelvan's VIN, starts with JG45PA.

2 hours ago, Boingk said:

Yeah roger that. I didn't think it was a 400, looks just like a regular-deck 351 to me. The heads look to be standard 351 castings too.

ACtC-3d5bQvTVAWrrAC-HNnG4brMR-ofFj975KZX

hope that chassis doesn't need to ever go to Vic Roads (victoria) that's the bodgiest stamping i've ever seen... (i'd delete that pic even lol)

43 minutes ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

So your F-truck has an XB panelvan engine in it.

whilst rather ironically...

my XB panelvan, has an F-truck engine block in it.

😄

Classic! Funny how everything gets swapped around over the years. Imagine parting out an XB pano today!

8 minutes ago, deankdx said:

hope that chassis doesn't need to ever go to Vic Roads (victoria) that's the bodgiest stamping i've ever seen... (i'd delete that pic even lol)

Yeah they're all like this. Not sure why, but most F-truck stamps I've seen are about the same. Very shallow stamps and all over the shop too. 

Luckily I'm in NSW and my local bloke is pretty cool with most stuff. If he can do it he will, so long as you've got the right paperwork.

another interesting aspect is i wonder how many xb panelvans were factory fitted with a 351c not many,better make sure it is a 351 as most of them would have been 302c unless just the block was used with a crank n rod swap out,can you show some casting numbers or pictures of the heads m8.

Factory chassis and engine numbers were often hand-stamped, so look dodgy even though they're legit. They only have to be legible when new, they don't care about 40 years down the track.

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk