Demmo

How to find manufacture date of battery

Hi all  just wondering if anyone can tell me how to find a code/date of manufacture of a repco car battery. I am told that these battery’s are manufactured by century batt.  But unlike my century battery I cannot find any stamped letters/no’s.  any pointers would be appreciated thanks. Demmo

3 hours ago, Mr Polson said:

@Demmo is the battery gloss black or matte?

If it's gloss it's a Century battery with Repco stickers, made in Australia.

If it's matte, it's a Yuasa battery - owned and distributed by Century but made overseas.

Thanks for all the replies 

ok the battery case is gloss black    the transfers say it is manufactured by century-Yuasa  Queensland.   Stamped across top of case says. Made in Australia.  The sticker on the side says repco. Sealed battery with 36.  But it doesn’t have anything stamped or written to indicate the age of it.    Why I would like to know the age is it’s fitted to a camper with duel battery’s . The other battery a century is 2 years old it’s a 24 month warranty so towards end of life.  I’m told it’s best to match the batteries in age and cca.  So looks like it’s best I replace both before I go a wandering 

cheers Demmo 

Any battery made in Australia is a century battery. No other company manufactures batteries here
About time Century brought it back here. They went to shit a few years ago with imported ones, we were getting 3 months out of some before they were sulfating up. Best run we had out of any battery was with SuperCharge, the ones made in the Phillipines with the ribbed casing. Some went for 8 years strong

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Mr Polson said:

On the top of the battery is there a small square sticker with a recycle symbol and four numbers?
Sticker could be purple, white, orange, green, yellow or possibly other colour.

yes it has a purple recycle sticker with 1806 printed on it        so at a guess does that mean manufactured  June 2018 ? 

Been a while since I sold a battery, but, in SA they used to have 4 or 5 numbers engraved in the plastic top. .  But, if you're unsure of the age, best replace both at the same time. They will charge/discharge more evenly. 

yes it has a purple recycle sticker with 1806 printed on it        so at a guess does that mean manufactured  June 2018 ? 
That means put on the shelf at Repco in June 2018.

There will also be a stamp there that can decoded into the actual manufacture date, is 4 or 5 digits, with both letters and numbers but I'd have to actually check with Century how to decode them.

We just go off the stickers normally, batteries don't sit on the shelf for anymore than 2 months max before Century take them back, recharge them and resticker them.

thankyou to all who responded and thanks Mr Polson for your input   this input is what makes this site great      now as both batteries are starting to get a bit old  bit like me lol  I will replace both before I start to wander off. still have to do some mods to the old jap to improve my comfort an self containment  yet

cheers Demmo🍻