Server maintenance Read more... ×
XFtoXE

Electrical wiring diagram

38 minutes ago, XFtoXE said:

MSD but why does it matter. Curious

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

it does,.. because i've never seen one lol.

to make a points engine run, you just need an Earth to the block, battery + to the starter post..   wire from the battery to the + coil (switch it, to turn it off) and a hot wire from the battery to the starter solenoid

guages are a different story, 
@gerg is the go to on MSD 

it does,.. because i've never seen one lol.

to make a points engine run, you just need an Earth to the block, battery + to the starter post..   wire from the battery to the + coil (switch it, to turn it off) and a hot wire from the battery to the starter solenoid

guages are a different story, 
[mention=244]gerg[/mention] is the go to on MSD 
On MSD boxes, sure I got one but without one, MSD dizzys can still run but need a module to run the coil. The usual Bosch module works but you need to mount it on some ally plate with some heatsink compound to shed the heat. Other than that, pretty simple, just like the factory Bosch setup. IGN switch to module +, also module + twinned off to coil, coil - back to coil - on the module, and the 2 dizzy trigger wires (MSD runs purple and orange vs whatever the Bosch ones are). The engine will run with them backwards but not as good. You'll find out which way they're supposed to go.

Oil pressure light and temp gauge are optional and advisable.

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk

https://www.holley.com/brands/msd/products/ignition/ignition_boxes/street/

If you go here the instructions are attached to each ignition type when you go into it 
Thanks for the info, but the dizzy is not the problem. Basically I'm after a wiring diagram for a engine stand. The gauges I need tacho, temp, pressure, starter, alternator? To run in a cam.
Do I need a alternator? Most diagrams I find online dont have one.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You could theoretically run it without one, just keep the battery connected to a 10 amp charger while it's running. Engine dyno rooms run in a similar way (as well as separate water pumps sometimes). You'll still need to drive your water pump somehow and the belt will need tensioning with something in place of the alternator.

Might just be easier to run one.

Sent from my CPH1920 using Tapatalk