Dirtyxhute

Buzz over 2000 rpm

Hey boys just wondering if anyone has any clues as to why I’m getting a buzz in my engine bay when reving into the next gear.

4 Spd auto, but the box has seen better days.

my exhaust is shot but it seems that the buzz is coming from the actual bay itself.

absolutely clueless with this stuff any help would be much appreciated.

cheers boys 

Engine mounts, transmission mount, vee belt flapping, harmonic balancer stuffed, crank bent, exhaust leak, just to name a few..... really hard to diagnose a noise over the Internet.

Does it buzz when you are in neutral and rev it to 2000? 

Engine mounts, transmission mount, vee belt flapping, harmonic balancer stuffed, crank bent, exhaust leak, just to name a few..... really hard to diagnose a noise over the Internet.

Anyone you’d recommend taking it to in north west Melbourne mate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No buzz in neutral, but it smells like it’s running rich.

Does either side mirror glass vibrate, when it's in Gear?

Collapsed hydraulic engine mounts in EF onwards, is quite common.

Running rich, could be a worn out O2 sensor.

Do a fuel consumption test, to see if you're in the ball park.

E-series era, should be circa 14L/100km (or better) around town,

down to 10L/100km with alot of freeway driving.

Does either side mirror glass vibrate, when it's in Gear?
Collapsed hydraulic engine mounts in EF onwards, is quite common.

Running rich, could be a worn out O2 sensor.
Do a fuel consumption test, to see if you're in the ball park.

E-series era, should be circa 14L/100km (or better) around town,
down to 10L/100km with alot of freeway driving.

Hey Dave thanks for the info, do you have any figures on lpg ? I’m taking it into the mech on Monday and go from there, but the lpg figures would be good just for my own piece of mind

i reckon gas economy didn't vary much for Me, was nearly always around 15L per 100km rarely less and slightly more around town

I’ve sort of noticed the same, but because she’s a rough old Ute mechanically the injectors for my fuel are shot, so I only really run lpg currently but it seems to go about the same speed whether I’m on the high way or driving round town, stupid Victoria and it’s 80 zones means my revs are sitting at that 2000-2500 mark a lot more than they would be doing 100kph.

I’m going to get my exhaust sorted Monday, and get the guys to take it for a drive and see what they think it could be.

Compared to my old xh, this thing does seem a little sluggish and unresponsive, but I feel like that just comes down to her doing 350,000 and running on gas... hm more money

7 minutes ago, Dirtyxhute said:

stupid Victoria and it’s 80 zones means my revs are sitting at that 2000-2500 mark a lot more than they would be doing 100kph.

doesn't make much difference on revs really.. it's more about load on the engine.
i've fitted a 5 speed to a 4 speed manual car and dropped nearly 500RPM at 100kmh and got the same economy. just quieter 

doesn't make much difference on revs really.. it's more about load on the engine.
i've fitted a 5 speed to a 4 speed manual car and dropped nearly 500RPM at 100kmh and got the same economy. just quieter 

That’s damn interesting... I really thought revs impacted consumption. Thanks for the insight dean !