BACHRISSO

FG NA into BA

Hi guys, I’m wanting to put NA FG motor in my BA TRAYBACK.  It’s NA BA Auto, can I keep the existing BA auto trans cause it’s held up well?   I was wanting to ask, so all the info is in one spot for me.  Want to create a ‘to do’ list for myself.  Thinks I need to do and change.  Someone previously mentioned wiring is different so how do I fix that and someone also mentioned ba sump needs to go on the fg motor, is this a straight swap, bolt holes line up?  What else needs mentioning? Ps thank u so much in advance I’m excited as

Simply should bolt on but your dipstick will be in the wrong spot and FG motors don't have a spot to have BA dipstick drilled.
Oil pickup will also be different.

Wiring and PCM will be different, there's quite a few differences between BA and FG, such as locked dual variable cam vs independent variable cam. FG PCM will be designed to run a 5 or 6 speed auto not 4 speed. Not sure how you'll get around that.

Simply should bolt on but your dipstick will be in the wrong spot and FG motors don't have a spot to have BA dipstick drilled.
Oil pickup will also be different.

Wiring and PCM will be different, there's quite a few differences between BA and FG, such as locked dual variable cam vs independent variable cam. FG PCM will be designed to run a 5 or 6 speed auto not 4 speed. Not sure how you'll get around that.

Early fg motors have the b series dipstick blank, later ones don’t.