hendrixhc

Cleveland HEADERS - anyone used these?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FALCON-XR-XF-ZA-ZL-2V-CLEVELAND-STAINLESS-EXTRACTORS-HEADERS-116/254170771599?hash=item3b2dc2308f:g:UUoAAOSwHSlckeo2

So im thinking of putting some new headers in the XC to dress it up a bit more as the current ones look pretty crap.

Has anyone used these?

Be careful, mate. Everyone on Evilbay says they fit XR - XE, but there are subtle differences between XY headers and XC. Auto and manual, clutch slave clearances etc.  

Just saying you may have to "tweak" the pipes a little. 

Look awesome for the price, though.

Yeah they do look pretty smick. I can tell you that any extractors on a clevo, tri-Y or tuned will be a bitch to fit. Even my lowly set of tri-Ys needed the starter and nearly the steering box removed, and that's after splitting the driver's side set into front and rear halves. Those ones seem to be one piece so I reckon the engine will need to be jacked up on that side and/or the car put on a hoist to feed them up under.

Also if they're a grade of stainless that doesn't rust, be prepared for them to crack and fatigue. They never make exhausts out of the pretty stuff for that reason, and that's why factory systems will get a thin layer of rust very quickly. If they went putting any more chrome in them,to stop the rust, they would have lots of warranty nightmares from them splitting apart.

Not trying to talk you out of it, just be mentally prepared for what could happen, especially with eBay gear. They might be a good thing after all

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

local pickup only,a long way from s.a.🤔

Shipping Info

Please Note; The freight shown is for Austrailia Post,
Sydney local only.

DELIVERY AUSTRALIA WIDE
Please contact us for an accurate quote

I have the proflow similar version of these, they are $150 or so more expensive. They seem quality built but the pipe wall seems thin (don’t know if that’s normal for stainless headers) and as above I think they will crack but not sure on the time frame.  Have you thought about mild steel headers with polished ceramic coating? I think that’s what I would if I had my time again. 

9 hours ago, bear351c said:

They look nice too. 4 into 1's are tight in the XB, had to reroute the trans lines, and they cook the trans fluid and the floor.

Still.......... the noise.  😍

Adding to this and what Gerg said, any pipes are difficult, and cook stuff, in any Clevo powered Falcon.

I've got oversized Proflow 1 7/8'' 3.5" stainless headers, PFE-EH4085S on my black XE ute,

I've was looking to get a set of either them or the TriY version for my S-pak ute, they also have stainless xflow headers,

Saw a mate got a set of their E series headers, I'll check them out next time I head over to his place.

So i settled on a set of Proflow tuned headers only to be told they dont make them anymore, despite still being offered on the website.

Im still thinking i might take achance on the stainless ones as above and see how they fair.