Dirtyxhute

Xh Ute 2 inch drop and wider wheels.

Gday boys just needing some advice on the best wheels to drop into my xh.

im currently looking at 245’s 15x7 on the fronts, and 265’s 15x8 on the back.

my Hope is with the 2 inch drop in the front and back I’ll be able to fill the space a bit more. 

That being said, I have the 14x6stock Steelies on currently; and if there is a way to balloon a big enough tire onto them I probably won’t waste my time and money on the new 15’s

but I really have no idea on what is the way to go here. 

i thought they would be 14x6 wheels

if so, best tyre for that rim really is a 215/65/14.

i had 14x8 with 245s on the rear and 215s on 14x7 on the front of XD to XG ..  XH wouldn't be much different i would guess. 

just remember there is no 245 50 15 tyres ,and 60 series is to big on the front but you can get 245 50 14 tyres fit nice on a 8 inch rim and 265 50 15 is available for the rear with a 8 or 9 inch rim,or if you want 15 all round run 235 or 225 60 15 on front and the 265 on rear.

Yeah 6.5 was my bugger up.

Thanks for the info guys.

the tyres I’m pulling the trigger on are 

235/60R15  on the fronts 

and 255/60R15 on the back.

Will post some pics once I’ve finished it all off 💪

One thing you have to be careful of with an xh is that your front tyres aren't to tall or wide, the tyre has to go under the top ball joint (circled area in pic) on xh/e series front spindles ecc5c93bec1cbf722ce04d5070830b63.jpg

Ive run 235 55 17 on the front of an xh and i dont think you would fit any wider tyres on stock offset wheels

If a 235/55R17 tyre clears, a 235/60R15 should shit it in. Like Thom said, offset will play a part. Closer to zero offset would be ideal.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

The height may still be an issue with a 235 60 15, just for example here's a pic of one of my old ef's (same front suspension as xh) with 235 45 17 on 8x17' zero offset rim, the tyres were very close to the top ball joint with these, unfortunately I don't have any pics showing how close they are a3775a521e79909716584b0823fb7036.jpg

I just realised I had a typo in my previous post I meant to write 235 45 17 not 235 55 17

Just plugged the numbers into a Wallace Racing calculator

235/45R17 = 25.33" tyre diameter
235/60R15 = 26.10"

So roughly 0.4 of an inch closer to the ball joint/spindle in height.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, dex said:

Hate to be the one that notices ,,,

is that a bloody vn with a “drop tank ?”

drop tank is standard on the 5litre from memory

17 minutes ago, Dirtyxhute said:

Hahahahaha foul huh.

Seen better looking tractors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like an ATLAS GREY VN SS.. i could have bought one off a bloke at work 15yrs ago for $5,000..  bet they are more like 50k these days

looks like an ATLAS GREY VN SS.. i could have bought one off a bloke at work 15yrs ago for $5,000..  bet they are more like 50k these days

I do not understand the price all pre2005 holdens are fetching.. the Kingswood and Torana days sure, but commodores are stains on the brands name for me.

1 minute ago, Dirtyxhute said:

I do not understand the price all pre2005 holdens are fetching.. the Kingswood and Torana days sure, but commodores are stains on the brands name for me.

anything SS is high on the list of a bogan with some cash.. even more than an XR6/XR8.. no idea why

anything SS is high on the list of a bogan with some cash.. even more than an XR6/XR8.. no idea why

My dream car is literally a kingswood ute.

But the cop bait era does nothing for me... and for some reason they’re more popular than real automotive genius