Server maintenance Read more... ×
htbj

limp mode HELP [04 BA futura s/wagon LPG]

Looking for some help regarding my 04 ba wagon. replaced the flex plate about a year ago and have been stuck in limp mode ever since. plugged in the obdII and found some codes:

p0710/p0713 - transmission fluid sensor circuit high input
p0763/p0768 - shift solenoid c and d
p1213/p1270 - powertrain

I saw the videos posted by @SPArKy_Dave which were a great help with replacing the ss3 and ss4 aswell as new tran oil and filter. turned it on and taken it for a drive and no change. stumped. has anyone ran into similar issues, if so, what was the fix or experience. im really hoping my transmission isnt fu*$#!

tried clearing faults, resseting the power to the ecu to retrain. I have read it could be a pcm/ecu issue? but dont want to fork out the money to still not have any changes. my ute just shat itself so this is my last hope 2 unusable cars right now. fml. appreaciate any assistance and knowledge.

htbj

Going by the fault-codes, it's most likely a wiring issue.

Have a close look at the transmission wiring loom, from the engine bay, back to where it plugs into the transmission.

It's only a short wiring loom, so will be easy to check.

I'd say either the wiring has been damaged, a transmission loom plug is not seated correctly,

or one of the plugs has a pin fitment issue.

Thanks mate. I will have a look in the morning and report my findings. I think I know the one your talking about.

Should the car just stop limp mode once fixed or will I need to clear codes/reset pcm or drive around.

If I'm unable to find the source of the problem do you know anywhere in the s.e suburbs Melbourne (Dandenong area) that'll take an honest look. Has been through the wars but was running pretty great before all this. 

TBH, it should just work, with a key off/on reset,

and maybe a battery reset.

Also -

check your wiring loom where it runs over the Aircon pipe, near the ECU in the engine bay.

B-series are known for wearing right through the conduit covering, and damaging the wires.

Especially ones with lots of km's/run-time, etc.

It happens on the underside where you don't see - friction against the metal pipe.

14 hours ago, BGDAV said:

gf had a similar issue on her ba , went into limp mode - battery was fked - try that first cheap option 

one of the first things I did as I had seen a lot people having limp mode issues caused from a bad battery but cheers.

On 7/26/2020 at 10:23 PM, SPArKy_Dave said:

Going by the fault-codes, it's most likely a wiring issue.

Have a close look at the transmission wiring loom, from the engine bay, back to where it plugs into the transmission.

It's only a short wiring loom, so will be easy to check.

I'd say either the wiring has been damaged, a transmission loom plug is not seated correctly,

or one of the plugs has a pin fitment issue.

hit the nail on the head mate I cant thank you enough. I unplugged the transmission wiring loom (circular one) and started the car no change. so went and pushed it firmly and what do you know everything was back to normal. 

After driving the car for a while the p1213 code popped back up  and I could see it had something to do with the lpg prime solenoid. Upon checking the lpg converter there is a clicking sound coming from it every now and then which sounds like it might be a relay or something. would you know whats going on with this one. I have a video that might give a clue and sussing the manual all I could find is attatched. I was thinking of grabbing a prime solenoid from ebay and trying to replace it: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/232344810910

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vJcDteFeRJf3dB3cA

again thanks for your help so far im really happy to have a car to drive around now I owe you one. 🍺

PRIMESOLENOID.JPG