Server maintenance Read more... ×
X-F250

Transgold Transmission Pan Gasket Failure?

Hey guys,

Went to run down to the shops this arvo and noticed a lovely trail of trans fluid all the way down to the servo from when I went out this morning. Turns out the rubber gasket I put on the box when I swapped the motor a few months ago has split horizontally in the front left hand corner. I've used the Trangold kits several times and this is the first time something like this has happened. Anyone else ever had issues?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

wow, interesting issue.

did it actually split? i had the issue of (not sure what brand) a rubber rocker cover gasket on My gemini bowing in when tensioned and pissing oil out.. gluing it to the rocker cover fixed it. but now i'm sus on it not lasting like a shit cork one would

I'll go out and get a picture in the morning, but yeah, it definitely split.

I've ordered a Ryco one off fleabay and I went down to Supercheap and grabbed another Transgold one in the meantime.

I'll go out and get a picture in the morning, but yeah, it definitely split.

I've ordered a Ryco one off fleabay and I went down to Supercheap and grabbed another Transgold one in the meantime.

Have fun with trying to flatten out the gasket in the Ryco kit. For some stupid reason they roll them up and put them in a box.

What gearbox?

Have fun with trying to flatten out the gasket in the Ryco kit. For some stupid reason they roll them up and put them in a box.

What gearbox?
Just the 4 speed BTR in the NC. Probably should've mentioned that haha