XD Falcon ute

XD Falcon ute gearbox

Hi this might be a dump question, i bought my grandson a Xd ute it has a 3 speed auto column shift it's a project for the 2 of us my question is the young fella wants to put a 4 speed auto in can someone tell me what gearbox we need cheers 

4 speed will be a shifter & lever
Flywheel
Flywheel bolts
Clutch
Fork
Cable
Manual pedal box with clutch pedal
Clutch cable firewall mount bracket
Gear shift surround/tunnel housing
Manual console

Probably forgot something

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, XD Falcon ute said:

my question is the young fella wants to put a 4 speed auto in can someone tell me what gearbox we need cheers 

you won't need a 4 speed auto,  unless it's got lower diff gears(unlikely if it came as an auto will be 2.92 ratio.

if the 3 speed auto is good, leave it in there.(a stronger upgrade if you can find one is a C4 auto some of the 6cylinders had, rare even 10yrs ago)

4 speed autos are only on the overhead cam engines, different bolt pattern to the engine, and need a computer as they are electronic.  and wouldn't work well with the current diff ratio either. (they only had 3.08, 3.23/3.27) from memory.

it will sit on 2300-2400 ish rpm at 100kmh all day every day forever at that. 

if you decided to modify it, then you'd look at a driveline from a donor vehicle(barra from BA onwards etc is popular these days.. but it's not easy and i wouldn't do it) 

i'd stick with the crossflow personally.. good reliable SIMPLE engine, can change a starter motor in 4 minutes and an alternator in not much more time 

58 minutes ago, gerg said:

Sorry I read that as "4 speed" and didn't see the auto bit. Disregard emoji849.png

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

i saw your post after i replied with mine, forgot to even mention it.. more info for the next person asking anyway