Server maintenance Read more... ×
Searley

XH Longreach Ute 1999,Snart Lok,etc

Hello Everybody,Searley here who had a unsuccessful day trying to start the XH ute,When I put in the courtes/interior light globe it came on with the doors shut.I found that the RHS door button had gone into the inside of the door coz rubbers perished,Could that have anything to do with it.See it used to start easily with window down or door open etc.I then followed procedures about the "Smart Lok' and when error went away after 30 mins it went "Code" still nogo.I have'nt got the Factory Reset Code but someone said its the last 4 letters of the VIN  Number,Does anyone Know how to find out the reset code number ?Its gotta be a 4 digit number. It seemed like it wanted to Fire a whole lot better but something is still stopping the Dots from being joined.Oh What A Feeling Fordota! Best Regards Searley.

this is the reply from a mate of mine(i have no idea on post XF to the most part)  is the CODE for the radio? that's not going to stop the car starting 

Nothing has to be recoded, I suggest he has a buggered ignition coil or TFI module
@SPArKy_Dave may be able to give half a clue maybe

Ok It had a good spark with new bosch coil I'll check again and try another spare.What an where is the TFI Module ? Is that easy to Repair/Replace? How much do they $Cost approx?

1 minute ago, Searley said:

Ok It had a good spark with new bosch coil I'll check again and try another spare.What an where is the TFI Module ? Is that easy to Repair/Replace? How much do they $Cost approx?

tfi is on the side of the dizzy, but if it's got good spark, cant see it being that

2 minutes ago, Searley said:

Ok I know the thing!

if it has spark, i'd be surprised if it's that

with these kinds of things, i would call the roadside assist... they diagnosed the Mrs Honda for Me.. i went to wreckers and bought another dizzy(because on them it's got coil inside it) and he said somethings not working in there.. coil/module, etc.. 

depends how much patience you have.. or money.. or both.

Actually Now I remember I have a Brand New Dizzy etc in a Box.! Just that problem neing this car is in a very good mates ahed and when I moved house about over 1 1/2 years ago He Asked How lonh will it to to Fix it? And I stupidly said about Öh Abot a week!"Why do Fords seem to Go then the next thing something unknown breaks down that was working yesterday? Patience?? If you sit on the Toilet for more than 2 hours and Nothing has Happenned Guess What? It means "Your're Dead!"By the Way who coined that phrase fords = Fix Or Repair Daily?

58 minutes ago, Searley said:

By the Way who coined that phrase fords = Fix Or Repair Daily?

First On Race Day? or found on rubbish dumps ?  Full Of Rust & Dents? 

My XE and XF crossflows used to do 40,000kms a year with nothing more than oil changes and ball joints/idler arms and tyres 

i have avoided a lot of newer cars after seeing so many dead cars on the side of the road and working with 300 people at work and seeing their newer car issues. 

Fuel, Air, Spark and Compression.

Check them off the list, and it should run.

Oxidised Smartlock/BCM relay contacts can affect the ECU's ability to fire the injectors.

Check with a noid light, while cranking.

Hi SparkyDave,I think the injectors are'nt working.This carwould start and run like a dream only a 2 weeks ago. Now I'm a real amatuer mech.Whats a Noid light? Is that the same as a Timeing light kit? I've got one but never used it. What and where do you hook up to what & where.   Its gotta be something simple.Thanks Mate Can't wait to tell everybody I got it going!

Hi Deankdx,Yes Sir, I gave away a 200 cu/in carby x-flow.with a spare recond head plus a cast iron iron head and I'm thinking about $Getting it back even $Buying it back to use so you don't have these issues.Like go forever without the fancy headaches.Yes Sir there's going to be lots of 1/2 dead or 1/2 alive cars out there in 5 years time.Imagine takeing out a New Range Rover out in the Bush 4WDing.I bought an Red XF S-Pak years ago for $1500.00 with 1 owner old guy with 115,000ks It was like brand newbench seat column on the 3 tree,Analog speedo Drove like a Cream Dream everyone said Thats the best example I've seen of an XF ever.I had a nephew I felt sorry for who did'nt have a car when he left school and a XF S-Pak ute that had some issues.And what did the Fukka do? He Swapped it for a VW Bug Convertible. I Nearly had a seizure.Rule No.1 Look after yourself and let others crawl their way up if they want to.Thanks for the help mate.S.

24 minutes ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

Fuel, Air, Spark and Compression.

Check them off the list, and it should run.

Oxidised Smartlock/BCM relay contacts can affect the ECU's ability to fire the injectors.

Check with a noid light, while cranking.

Ok So where are the BCM relay contacts located? Thanks

2 minutes ago, Searley said:

Ok So where are the BCM relay contacts located? Thanks

They're inside the BCM/smartlock module, which lives up under the dash near the handbrake.

It's easier to confirm injector pulse when cranking - use a noid light

or other 12volt test light.

A few light taps with a screwdriver handle on the bcm can bring them into life ,,

jeeze what is it recently with me and hitting things with something ,?!?

Ok Guys,Today was'nt succesful.I looked under the dash near the handbrake and only saw 3 relays for non-ignition things like acc,took them out and cleaned them put them back in and Tapped them but nothing happenned,Could'nt see any BCMs anywhere.Amyway Don't Give Up Thanx.

The relays are in the BCM i believe Sparky Dave is saying. It will be a red box about 6 inches long, 4 inches wide and 1 inch thick.

Hi hendrixhc,There's a same size box located left hand side passenger where they put their feet under plastic with Lots of wires comeing out.That must be it.What can you open up that box and get to those relays or just get a new one,maybe Tap it a few times and hope it works,Where's my Hammer?

21 minutes ago, Searley said:

Hi hendrixhc,There's a same size box located left hand side passenger where they put their feet under plastic with Lots of wires comeing out.That must be it.What can you open up that box and get to those relays or just get a new one,maybe Tap it a few times and hope it works,Where's my Hammer?

Thats the engine computer - ecu.

The smartlock BCM is on the drivers side - right near the steering column, but up high.

It's Brown on base model XH's from memory.

Hello Mr.Hendrix not Jimi,That info should be a Great Help. Someone put a bulb & battery in the torch.Now a curious question,if I put a J1 Chip in the the system and it works what does a J2 or J3 Chip do? More Power & Ooompha and does it require more other mods just curious.Have a Great Wonderful Day in the Freezeing Adelaide Hills! Searley.