Server maintenance Read more... ×
motoSycho

New Motor for Rods Mad Maxy Ute

3 minutes ago, motoSycho said:
Lets see if this works.

Ummm, so yeah. But at least I have oil pressure and it was getting to the top like it should. Better luck tomorrow 😁

video works,

it's definitely got oil up top :) 

5 minutes ago, deankdx said:

check the butterflies clear the manifold under the plate, could be close?

looks like a quality  part though

Will do. I'm not afraid to cut some out of it, if I need the extra room.

1 hour ago, deankdx said:

video works,

it's definitely got oil up top :) 

Well now I know I can link Instagram videos here.

I only just finished cleaning all the Damn oil out of the engine bay! 😝

Where did you get the lifting brackets your using from?, seem much better then the factory ford ones.

They came on some crossflow motors I picked up. 

They look like the normal xflow ones. Normally they bolt on the lower manifold holes not top ones, and I think they normally face the other way around.

So what is this threaded hole for?
106487363_10158573499234516_4511585387193213163_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=HP9s4G9quoUAX-9Qm6a&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=5479483c4f53e8fc42642e2cd78fa117&oe=5F231D6E

Depending on whether it goes to a drilling that leads below the throttles or above them, it will either be a vacuum source or engine breather fitting, respectively.

If not used, definitely plug it. Looks like 1/4" or 3/8" NPT

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

More bits!
Today was all about running around town picking up packages and grabbing hoses etc. from Autobarn.
The banjo fitting for the Edelbrock arrived. Just waiting on the base gaskets now.
I'll need to cut some out of the East/West adapter and the pad of the manifold to make room for the carby butterflies and to get rid of some lips. Easy job to do.
And my Gilmer drive setup arrived!!!!
I also stopped in at the auto sparky and he will wire up my gauges, thermo fans and MSD ignition for me.

Does anyone have a diagram on which heater hose goes where, where the tap thing needs to go and where the vacuum line run to? I'm bypassing the manifold, as it won't be there anymore, and I have a mental blank on where the hoses went.

106935947_10158589933054516_888129091175

106228625_10158589932819516_371138862188

106922806_10158589932869516_523194737254

3 hours ago, motoSycho said:

Does anyone have a diagram on which heater hose goes where, where the tap thing needs to go and where the vacuum line run to? I'm bypassing the manifold, as it won't be there anymore, and I have a mental blank on where the hoses went.

without a photo.. 

the head heater pipes are OUT... and the water pump is IN.. (direction of flow) this is only relevant for the heater tap, as it may not open or may be pushed open if the flow is wrong. 
if you have 2 outlets still in the head.. just block one off if there's nothing else left to use. 

You'll have to block one of the hose outlets from the head, and run the other one to the heater core, and then one from the water pump to heater.

Heater tap should be in hose from head, and that should go to the centre most heater pipe according to the workshop manual.

These are the diagrams from the Ford workshop manual, I've included both carby and EFI because really you're running the EFI style heater hose now872d585de623d5d1f55ddf85e572e091.jpg25e8b0749395769e3a001aa4cb43f38c.jpg

20 minutes ago, deankdx said:

XF has 4 bolts, XE and prior 3 bolt.. same otherwise

remembered the bit with the supercharger pulleys ,, but could not remember the order ...

12 hours ago, Mr Polson said:

You'll have to block one of the hose outlets from the head, and run the other one to the heater core, and then one from the water pump to heater.

Heater tap should be in hose from head, and that should go to the centre most heater pipe according to the workshop manual.

These are the diagrams from the Ford workshop manual, I've included both carby and EFI because really you're running the EFI style heater hose now

Awesome thanks! This is just what I needed 👍

Yep same on my XF ute, blocked top water outlet from head, bottom outlet to heater tap, tap to heater box, heater box to water pump,

has a 5/8" barb to 5/8" barb fitting to extend the water pump hose. tho not hooked up at the moment as I need to replace the heater core as it was leaking,