matrixoffice

Elbow breather hose

Im not sure if they are available, but i also havent had any troubles with mine. 

I think you should be able to use a piece of heater hose if you get really stuck. or some fuel hose? 

something soft and flexible is what im getting at. 

good luck finding one. 

Thanks Panko - yes I was looking over heater hoses to find one that would fit but the issue is the connection off the tappet cover for some reason is tapered so that end of the hose is 23mm ID but the flange on the throttle body is 15mm ID.  Anyway, I found a fellow on eBay who sells hard to find parts and he had a new one so I grabbed it.  As you know if this part fails your engine stops!

7 minutes ago, matrixoffice said:

Thanks Panko - yes I was looking over heater hoses to find one that would fit but the issue is the connection off the tappet cover for some reason is tapered so that end of the hose is 23mm ID but the flange on the throttle body is 15mm ID.  Anyway, I found a fellow on eBay who sells hard to find parts and he had a new one so I grabbed it.  As you know if this part fails your engine stops!

yes yes it does haha. 

However, when mine was on LPG, they plumbed that breather into the airbox. the engine had no vacuum so if i pulled the dipstick etc, it wouldnt stall...perhaps a trick if it does fail, plumb it differently to cancel out the crankcase vacuum? 

ok wow so the tappet cover outlet was plumbed to airbox and throttle body bunged off? Mine is LPG also but this has not been done.  If you have a pic of

that please post it.

That still creates enough vacuum to suck the crankcase fumes out? 

How does replumbing it solve the issue of the stalling if you remove the dipstick? 

This was an issue unique to the XEs and XF EFIs only from memory, is that right?

9 minutes ago, matrixoffice said:

ok wow so the tappet cover outlet was plumbed to airbox and throttle body bunged off? Mine is LPG also but this has not been done.  If you have a pic of

that please post it.

That still creates enough vacuum to suck the crankcase fumes out? 

How does replumbing it solve the issue of the stalling if you remove the dipstick? 

This was an issue unique to the XEs and XF EFIs only from memory, is that right?

yeah that correct. 

it was on gas a long time ago. i converted it back about 5-6 years back. 

im not sure how it stops the crankcase vacuum, but it worked lol