Server maintenance Read more... ×
Free.51

FC LTD centrecaps

800px-1982_Ford_LTD_(FC)_sedan_(2015-05-hi guys i have just purchased a set of these wheels but unfortunately only 1 has the original centrecap, would anyone know where to buy some more?, i have tried gumtree, ebay, fb etc. Thanks.

old similar era Ford Laser had similar wheels.. might be possible they take the same cap 
pity, i was just at Pick a part yesterday and there was a 1980 Laser GHIA there that might have had those wheels

see if you can get a measurement on them and i'll see if i can get down there in the next day or so

not sure if they were still on it

40876.jpg

Thanks heaps Dean, i appreciate it. The wheels got posted from WA on wed so still havent arrived yet but i will keep the laser idea in mind & let you know of measurements wheen they get here👍👍

13 minutes ago, Free.51 said:

Ended up get a set of 5 lasercentrecaps from a gumtree seller in Blackburn just beforeemoji106.png

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

are they confirmed same? if so, MINT! 

Dunno yet Dean, wheels still havent arrived yet haha hopefully this week. Im gonna go out on a limb & say yes they do. They have these thin alloy discs with ford logo glued on em from factory so im gonna take them off cos the LTD dont roll like that then prepwash em clean em up & polish them. I tried uploading a pic on tapatalk before but it just wouldnt upload.

Gave em a good clean, cut & polish.

They aren't perfect but maybe tomorrow I'll paint strip them then polish again & see what happens but they are definitely better than what they were when i got them earlier. 3771ce7a073a2a6be76da215917fcf45.jpg

21 minutes ago, Free.51 said:

Haha thats true, but i can still see the imperfections. Wonder how much it would cost to get them refurbished?

you've been talking to sparkydave too much

Wheels arrived yesterday & unfortunately the laser centrecaps are way too small so a little money wasted but oh well, i took a gamble & it didnt pay off so im on the look out for 3 more FC centrecaps cos the set came with 1dbbe95640f4e9351f45959237eb3fd3f.jpg

31 minutes ago, Free.51 said:

Which ones look odd Dean?

The ones on the left are the Laser ones....too small

i reckon the stock ones look too big, and the overlapped face make them look cheap.
if the laser ones fitted in the hole neat i'd glue them in

Oh no the one in there now is the original type, the Laser ones are way too small in diameter which makes sense now seeing as the laser & LTD wheel have the same design but the laser wheel is 13" & has a smaller bore & only 4 holes for the wheel nuts.

Hey guys quick question, will sandpaper get rid of this muck on the wheels?, ive already paint stripped them now in the process of polishing, thanks c1d22c8a82f4f4e49251e621588c4b84.jpg

I’ve tried before on Ltd rims ,, 

hard to get them not looking “ patchy” box patterns .

they clear coated as well ,,?

or just raw