Sign in to follow this  
dex

Bf zf auto reverse light switch

Hey all ,,,

seems the internet is full of "" they dont fuggn know ""

but where the hell is the reverse light switch for a bf zf 6 speed auto ,,?

on the box , on the shift lever , some bloody fuse/ relay down in the left kick panel ,,???

anyone ,, please help ,, 

no reverse lights ,, and no reverse sensors ,, 

rear speakers dull off ,,,,, no beeping ,,

thinking the two not working is related . 

All i can tell you and it may not be your problem, but my old mans fg had a similar problem it turned out it was the wiring for the trailer plug causing the problem in fg if you have a correctly fitted trailer loom it's supposed to shut off the reversing sensors when a trailer is plugged in, the wiring failed in my old man's fg causing the same issue

have been through the trailer plug bit ,,,

they have ,, inside the britax end connector , a small magnet up in the spring loaded lid ,

" see pic " ,,, ignore it being a holden one in pic 

rvFjzb3.jpg

when the magnet is away from the earth ,,, the plug hole thats offset from the others ,,,it disables the reverse park sensors . So the car does not recognise theres something close to you and beep incessantly. 

I have disconected the trailer harness down near the right tail light ,,simple plug . 

no change . 

Also ,, 

in the owners manual , it goes on to say that the reverse beeper is manually adjustable for how loud it is ,,, 

this is done with the icc volume knob ,,, " the radio " .

turn the radio OFF ,, select reverse gear and adjust the volume . The beeps " should "come through the rear speakers . Its to chime a few times to let you know its armed ,,

Mine just sort of gives off a low quiet electrical hum ,, like an old fridge that kicks in . 

When the trailer plug is reconnected to the harness ,, " down near right tail light ,,,"

the tone of this noise goes up a few octaves ,,,,

" changes pitch "  

ZF6 boxes have an internal, integrated control module that controls the box, and talks to the other modules in the car.

In other words, there is no external switch on the ZF boxes. There's one multi-pin plug, everything else in internal.
Non ABS models had an external speed sensor.

If it hasn't been done already, I'd strongly recommend a trans service too. Ford say the ZF boxes are filled for "life" - meaning warranty. Every 100,000kms is the general accepted service interval for ZF6 boxes by aftermarket people. Make sure you use either the ZF Lifeguard fluid, or Penrite do a BMV fluid that meets the specs.

So in the mechatronics ,,

shit . 

Onto the service soon ,,

" have both new editions to do . " 

wanting to do all the rest ,,, as i usually do ,,

plugs , filters , belt / tensioner etc etc . 

will be up to visit you chris ,, soon as the wallets healthy .