Server maintenance Read more... ×
DemonHunter

Ea au head bolt specs

Ok lm at a real loss here big time as lve never done these heads.  Just got new head gasket a graphite one as l couldn’t find the au one everyone says is better   Now on the gasket kit l got with paper saying what to do blah blah blah for head an block it says  1 . 30 nm  2  . + 120 deg. But both my Manuel’s say. 1 .40 nm an then 90 deg??   But then l had someone say this to me   and l have no bloody idea which is rite to do but this is what l got told   
you go 40Nm then a 90Dec turn, it actually is 120Nm. So in reality if you go 40Nm 80Nm 120Nm, you end up with the same torque head but in a little bit smaller steps 

Follow the directions that came with the gasket, materials and methods change over time so use what directions they provide with their product. Make sure you use new bolts too as they are tourqe to yield bolts meaning one use only, if you haven't already got new bolts consider buying arp head studs as you will save money in the long run by being able to re-use them over and over, I'll definitely be get them next time I do a head gasket.

Yeah  will get those bolts next time.  Got brand new ones an funny part is 1/2 the bloody gaskets are useless as hell  rocket gasket doesn’t fit at all exhaust gasket one hole doesn’t line up the one for the peice in top of throtal haha holes are totally wrong an then l find out the gasket they sent me wasn’t the one l orderd as l ordered the au msl one an they sent me a graphite shit one.  Just let them know they f#**{| up an they meant to be a highly rep company an shit but nope useless as dog piss on a fire   Really not happy with what l paid 

If they sent the wrong kit contact them and ask them to send the correct one along with a self addressed parcel so you can send this one back, that usually works but if not say you'll cancel payment and name and shame them for incompetence/dodgy business practices. That's why I pay with PayPal wherever I can as when stuff like this happens and they can't be bothered to fix the situation I can just cancel payment.